Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK Pro Shooting Team on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    Vogel never won Open Nationals using iron sights!

No offense to the good folks at HK, but it would take a lot to make an HK competitive in USPSA Open division. We're talking frame-mounted RDS, massively improved SA trigger, compensator (that's the easy part), mag well, and so on. I just don't see it happening. I think KC will likely shoot some major matches in Production division with an HK and still shoot Open with his 2011.

In any case I think KC is our best chance to beat Grauffel at the world shoot in October. If he's using an HK to do so, I just don't see it happening. Again, no offense to HK, they're great, reliable, accurate guns. They're just not race guns - and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Sorry about that, it was the 2009 Pro Am using a limited gun in Open. Got the ole' wires crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The slide pin positions on the P30-series are going to make a slide mounted RDS tricky.
    seems like it would also be somewhat 'interesting' to see someone attempt to mill into to the slide ala http://www.glockworx.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3720

IMHO milling the slide for a red dot is a waste of time, when you are talking about shooting in a match. Part of the purpose of running a dot is to have it not be on a part of the gun that is moving all over the place. Tracking a dot on a frame mounted setup is much much easier than one mounted in the slide.
    They could always go with one mounted off the rail on the dustcover, but it would make for a front heavy gun, once you throw on a comp and all that. A better choice would be to find a way to attach it to the frame either with longer pins, or inserts in the frame that are threaded.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Banned
    I totally agree. I can't think of a successful open shooter currently using a slide mounted optic. However, I still think the trigger might be the biggest hurdle. HK is going to have to engineer a trigger mechanism that breaks at around 2 lbs. and has very, very little travel in order for the gun to be competitive.

Again, Eusebio is a brilliant shooter, but aren't there loads of Production guys out there shooting Glocks who would love to have HK as a sponsor? Throw a P30L in one of their hands and call it a day. From a marketing standpoint, this seems like a better idea than making a P30 into a frankengun that in no way resembles anything in the HK catalog.

I'm just hoping that with whatever they come up with, they release a match trigger for the P30 to the general public. Grayguns does great work, but it kind of futzes with that warranty thing...

Personally, whatever HK does I'd really actually like to see them do a limited run of the guns for the market. I'd buy an HK P30 open gun just for the sake of novelty.

User Tag List