Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cover Rules

The shooter has a physical index -- the freaking cover. The fault lines (sensors, Cyclops' eye beam, what have you) are for the SO.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Watched a piece of Shaft yesterday, and the answer occurred to me: put a bead curtain up along the plane of acceptable cover.

We should do a KSTG Beta match, where each stage uses a different idea for measuring cover. I'd figure out a way to be there for that.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Watched a piece of Shaft yesterday, and the answer occurred to me: put a bead curtain up along the plane of acceptable cover.

We should do a KSTG Beta match, where each stage uses a different idea for measuring cover. I'd figure out a way to be there for that.
    This.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    I'd be fine with that in principle but I don't think it would tell us much. We needed a year of regular matches to appreciate fully the problems with the current rule. Just because a system works well for one set of circumstances on one stage doesn't mean it will work adequately in all environments for all stages. That's the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Just because a system works well for one set of circumstances on one stage doesn't mean it will work adequately in all environments for all stages. That's the trick.
    Jeez, when you put it that way it sounds like a real Kobayashi Maru.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Jeez, when you put it that way it sounds like a real Kobayashi Maru.
    If it was simple we wouldn't be asking for ideas.

User Tag List