Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Your Favorite Appendix Holster Is...

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    For those of you who have owned the 5 Shot SME alongside one of the popular kydex AIWB holsters that have a tuck feature, are you finding that you have significantly less belt-area bulge due to the SME's offset "wing" taking the place of the kydex grip tuck on the others?
    I find my SME to bulge/print slightly more than my Keepers. But it's still ridiculously concealable and the leather is more comfortable, so I wear the SME more. I take the Keeper out when I wear more form-fitting clothes for whatever reason. In any case, my favorite AIWB holster is the one I have on me when I need it.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I have used the shaggy, keeper, and the sme. They are all fantastic holsters. The keeper with a large foam wedge concealed best for me. The 5 shot is very concealable and is much more comfortable for me as there is no wedge. All of the holsters are comfortable, offer good retention (the best being the sme) and are easy to draw from. They are also all made by great guys who will work with you to make sure everything is right. You really can't go wrong with any of them.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Last three posts were especially interesting- thanks.

It was the VG2, but it's now the Dark Star Gear AIWB. Concealment is about the same (great), but the fact that this is reholsterable and quicker due to the higher ride height makes it a complete winner to me. Couldn't ask for more except for a WML AIWB holster.

I'll put in the first vote for the High Noon Mr. Softy.

I've used the Shaggy, the Dale Fricke AA, the Comp-Tac 2 o'clock, and possibly a few others. I always come back to the Mr. Softy. Reholstering is a bitch, which is why I've been meaning to try a Hideaway for years now, but never gotten around to it. On paper I love Kydex, but in reality I always seem to use leather. I should stop fighting myself and just give up on Kydex IWB.

Full disclosure, I only carry subcompact guns because all of NY state is a NPE. I agree wholeheartedly with the comments about short-barreled guns. They don't conceal at all when you carry them high, and the barrel digs in. Subcompacts carried low, just the grip sitting above the belt, conceal stupid good and are very comfortable. These days I carry a Walther PPS due to our 7+1 restrictions, and a fitted t-shirt is sufficient to conceal it to my very high standards.

I have a Fist #1K on the way. It is the Kydex version of the Mr. Softy from what I can tell. We'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work out I may just give in and get the Hideaway, or just say F it and order a Mr. Softy for every gun I own.

User Tag List