Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you put food on the table?

Tactical Statistician

OK so that really means I'm a FED GOVT desk jockey who's job series is Statistician (whatever that means). The tactical part is just for fun because I like to read sites like this. My buddy the Chief (jlweems on here) has always had me listed in his bat phone as "Tactical Statistician" so it just stuck.

Straight from the microwave

I'm a purchasing agent/ inventory manager for a wholesale electrical distributor. It can be hard to manage all the money, fame and groupies but I get by.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I was in packaging/manufacturing for a bit before coming over to energy... I don't miss it much either. What kind of machines? We did bags from shrink film.
    I worked for Columbia Machine, designing Palletizers (those big ol machines that put the boxes on the pallet). They continue to lose market share in every division, mostly to upstarts and foreign companies. They are about as dynamic as Mt. Rushmore.

I work at an NGO and manage grant funds to support ROTC cadets studying critical languages.

I'm currently a designer and CAD jockey with an engineering company that does water treatment equipment. I work in the wastewater division in aeration and biological nutrient removal for municipal wastewater treatment plants. To put in laymen's terms, I design ways to stir up shit . I also work part time behind a gun counter.

In past lives, I have worked as a custom gunsmith, an armorer and trainer, spent several years in financial services with JP Morgan Chase and worked in marine services (engine room work on supertankers and container cargo ships) with brief stints as a machinist and a CNC operator.

When I get bored, I don't change jobs I change entire career fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    When I get bored, I don't change jobs I change entire career fields.
    "It keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I gotta be."

Work for an armored car company in management. My title is Manager of Administration & Safety, which translates to "Jack of All Trades Master of Some". Fill in where they need me. Our firearms program falls under the Safety purview. Generally on the range 2x per month from March to September.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    In past lives, I have worked as a custom gunsmith, an armorer and trainer, spent several years in financial services with JP Morgan Chase and worked in marine services (engine room work on supertankers and container cargo ships) with brief stints as a machinist and a CNC operator.
    Man, and here I thought I had a bad case of Jethro Bodine Syndrome!

I talk about how awesome I am on the internet and then one day people started paying me for it.

Most days I wake up in the morning and think "I can't believe this is my job."

I'm a petroleum engineer working production on gas wells in S. Texas.

User Tag List