Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    I'll sell you a case of 45 for $650
    I've got 9mm available for $499.99 ...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I've got 9mm available for $499.99 ...
    I've got some Wolf I'll let go for 498.99

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    Where are you even finding that right now?
    There are a number of commercial reloaders who sell almost exclusively to pistol/carbine ranges and IDPA/USPSA clubs around the U.S. They typically don't sell retail except at a match where they can directly. They also typically don't ship ammo...they will pack it onto a pallet, and it is up to you to have a truck pick it up...it is FOB FActory. These guys typically sell tens of thousands of rounds at a time.

I have such a source, actually two. So, I order-in 60-150 cases at a time and resell them locally, or assist groups such as IDPA or USPSA to do bulk orders. The main reseller has .45, .40 and 9mm in 115gr and 147gr. I buy mostly 147gr, and ask for a "IDPA PF Load". The advantage of this reloader is he has a local bullet manufacturer, and bullets were the big problem for reloaders in March-April. Yes, there were primer issues, but my contacts tell me that is not a blockage any more.

Here is a picture of 88 thousand rounds of 9mm 147 in a 50 gal barrel ready for packaging. Name:  9mm147-s.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  38.5 KB

If you are interested in ammo, let me know via PM.
    CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    This guy might argue the point...

Pretty funny. Is this our future currency?
    It would then be "precious."
    CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I have a membership at Sharpshooters and I can almost always find a lane available except peak times on Saturdays. They let me pick up all the brass that I want from the floor. I always check with other shooters to ask if they want their brass. I really don't agree with that policy at NRA....unless it is going as a donation or something. NRA range is 5 minutes from my house, but to be quite honest the wait it too often too long. Now that they have this new brass policy, don't know if I will renew this fall.

I love the people there....everybody is just great...nothing against them.

Next time I see Todd practicing, I will try to get a lane next to him so I can carry home his ammo for him!

CC

I don't shoot at the NRA often, but the past two times I've gone, it's been dead empty. No line, maybe one or two shooters on the line. ROs tell me people don't want to shoot their ammo, so they don't come out to the range. They've been pretty liberal in letting me pick up brass, so I haven't run into the problem of them policing me, but again, the range was empty and I don't think they cared. Especially for the people like Todd who are regulars and do a lot to support shooting activities in the area, you'd think they'd want people to pick up brass. Less work for them to sweep up at the end of the night, and more ammo for us reloaders so we can come back and shoot some more

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismark420 View Post
    Less work for them to sweep up at the end of the night
    They have a Zamboni'ish machine that collects the brass.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Pretty funny.
    Oh, it gets better...

There will be a reloading press in the household, soon. I'm gonna have to get some Texas Pete to slather on my helping of crow.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post

Here is a picture of 88 thousand rounds of 9mm 147 in a 50 gal barrel ready for packaging. Name:  9mm147-s.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  38.5 KB

If you are interested in ammo, let me know via PM.
    CC
    OK I admit to a totally inappropriate reaction to that picture.
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

User Tag List