Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns and ammo rank best states for gun owners.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Maryland: 43 with a bullet, baby!
    I thought the phrase "with a bullet" signified rapid movement up the chart?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    I fully support this data.

Because my state is NUMBER ONE.
    Did Arizona have a law that one can't conceal carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol even if carrier doesn't consume, or am I confabulating?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Did Arizona have a law that one can't conceal carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol even if carrier doesn't consume, or am I confabulating?
    Some time ago that was the case, but it has since been changed.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Some time ago that was the case, but it has since been changed.
    Phew, that's a relief, 'cause we wouldn't want to have #1 to continue being more restrictive than its lower ranked northern neighbor

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    On what planet does TX have better gun laws than IN? The one where the XD was Handgun of the Year?
    It depends on how they weighted certain laws, but there are certain things about IN that could lead to its low score. E.g., the fact that you effectively need a permit to possess a gun in IN. This is especially true if "gun laws" includes defensive force laws.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    It depends on how they weighted certain laws, but there are certain things about IN that could lead to its low score. E.g., the fact that you effectively need a permit to possess a gun in IN. This is especially true if "gun laws" includes defensive force laws.
    You effectively need a permit to do what?

You used to need a pistol permit to transport a pistol anyplace but to and from the gun store, but that went away a couple legislative sessions ago. (The legacy of this is why so many Hoosiers have toter's permits...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    You effectively need a permit to do what?

You used to need a pistol permit to transport a pistol anyplace but to and from the gun store, but that went away a couple legislative sessions ago. (The legacy of this is why so many Hoosiers have toter's permits...)
    Sorry Tam, my mistake. I thought there was some problem with the bill that "fixed" that problem and that was why the "qualified" permit system was retained. I still would give Indiana minus 10K gun awesomeness points for having possibly the least gun-friendly supreme court in the country. I haven't looked in the last year, but last I checked the City of Gary's case against gun manufacturers was the still alive. It is the only case of its kind to survive the PLCAA.

WA is #40? Horse hockey. The "long list of places where possession or storage of ammunition and firearms is prohibited" consists of schools and post offices, and other Federal property. And bars, but not restaurants where they also serve booze. If that makes us #40, you guys must live in gun-owner heaven...

(And when did Guns and Ammo start caring about "Class III"?)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List