Thread: New Glock 17 gen 4 jam

New Glock 17 gen 4 jam

I have a glock 19 gen 3 and a 17 gen 4 today was shooting the g 17 now at around 600 rounds on the first shot today got a jam the first one using brazer brass fmj 115 the spent cartrige flipped was backwards poped the clip racked it and was back in business the week befor I had just cleaned it & this was the. First shot could it be the oiling ? I went on a nother 50 rounds worked great. Could it be something I did?

Gen4 G17 jam is good on toast!!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AL L. View Post
    I have a glock 19 gen 3 and a 17 gen 4 today was shooting the g 17 now at around 600 rounds on the first shot today got a jam the first one using brazer brass fmj 115 the spent cartrige flipped was backwards poped the clip racked it and was back in business the week befor I had just cleaned it & this was the. First shot could it be the oiling ? I went on a nother 50 rounds worked great. Could it be something I did?
    A single event is difficult to diagnose.

The Gen 4 9mm guns are known to be somewhat spotty. Even Glocks work better when properly lubricated, but it's unlikely that your lubrication habits are the root of the malfunction you experienced.

User Tag List