Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The One-Stroke Engine

Not super-profound for most of us, but a fun read.
    I thought the part about the A-10's added engine ignition sequence during gun firing because of potential oxygen-deprivation flameout was pretty wild. Thanks for an interesting read.

Theres been some really good pics of antique bikes on advrider, theres most of a page of old police bikes and riders.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/curvy...77403/page-175

Similarly, theres an epic thread on women on old bikes (1600-some pages), which can range from cheesy model shoots to some truly awesome women riders.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/girl-...0341/page-1617
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter

2010 Triumph Speed Triple

I bought this 2010 Triumph Speed Triple over Memorial Day weekend 2020 from Black Hills Powersports in Rapid City, SD. The original owner is an older local gentlemen without wife or children, but with a constantly changing collection of motorcycles. This bike had 3141 miles on the clock when I bought it. The original owner had added a center stand. Other than that, it was in pristine stock condition.

Name:  Triumph speed triple by art gallery of time sign.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  Triumph speed triple on 191.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  70.6 KB

I added a Puig fly screen and Wisamic headlights. The fly screen is modestly effective at higher velocities and the Wisamic lights are dramatically brighter than the OEM bulbs.

Name:  Triumph speed triple w Wisamic lights and Puig fly screen.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  Triumph speed triple with Wisamic lights.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  34.0 KB

My last bike was a Kawasaki ZX-12R. This is my first British bike. I like it, a lot. It doesn't have the ZX-12R's 186 m.p.h. top speed that I never approached. It does have a great useful power band and is just a blast to ride. From the Big Empty, ELN.

Congrats! I love the unique sound of the Triumph triples. The torque power band of the triple is wonderful. The Tiger 800 I had was a lot of fun due to that very flexible engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    I bought this 2010 Triumph Speed Triple over Memorial Day weekend 2020 from Black Hills Powersports in Rapid City, SD. The original owner is an older local gentlemen without wife or children, but with a constantly changing collection of motorcycles. This bike had 3141 miles on the clock when I bought it. The original owner had added a center stand. Other than that, it was in pristine stock condition.

Name:  Triumph speed triple by art gallery of time sign.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  Triumph speed triple on 191.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  70.6 KB

I added a Puig fly screen and Wisamic headlights. The fly screen is modestly effective at higher velocities and the Wisamic lights are dramatically brighter than the OEM bulbs.

Name:  Triumph speed triple w Wisamic lights and Puig fly screen.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  Triumph speed triple with Wisamic lights.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  34.0 KB

My last bike was a Kawasaki ZX-12R. This is my first British bike. I like it, a lot. It doesn't have the ZX-12R's 186 m.p.h. top speed that I never approached. It does have a great useful power band and is just a blast to ride. From the Big Empty, ELN.
    Gotta love the Triumphs...

Site Supporter

Tell me more

That bike belongs in front of a cafe, or pub. What a classic! Details, please.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Ever since it came out, I thought Honda got the Brit bike thing pretty right. Would totally build one of these things.

https://www.cycleworld.com/2014/03/1...by-peter-egan/

Name:  3BCWKFAOJVHMFDWZPRQGYYVKFY.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  57.1 KB
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Not a lot to it. 2008 Bonneville, Specialty Spares TT pipes, Norman Hyde M bars with old school football grips. That shot was taken at my local Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride a couple years ago. I had a ‘71 that was almost it’s twin, but I sold it a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by inkslinger View Post
    Gotta love the Triumphs...
    Quote Originally Posted by inkslinger View Post
    Not a lot to it. 2008 Bonneville, Specialty Spares TT pipes, Norman Hyde M bars with old school football grips. That shot was taken at my local Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride a couple years ago. I had a ‘71 that was almost it’s twin, but I sold it a couple years ago.
    I had this one, and I think maybe @bruceride still does:

Name:  Bonnie.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  75.0 KB

At the time I had five bikes, and maintaining a fleet isn't all fun and games if you are not Jay Leno, so Bruce got it back!

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I had this one, and I think maybe @bruceride still does:

Name:  Bonnie.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  75.0 KB

At the time I had five bikes, and maintaining a fleet isn't all fun and games if you are not Jay Leno, so Bruce got it back!
    Tell me about it! I think the most I’ve ever had is 4 at one time. The 2008 is the only one I have now, and rarely have time to ride it. The only time I had it out this year was a short ride just to warm it up so I could change the oil.

User Tag List