Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Not that anyone around here needs convincing, but KTM just announced 1.99% APR for 60-months on select 2019 KTM models.

Just sayin'...
    In 2018 I got in at .99 lol!

For motorcyclists this is the prefect way to self quarantine

• Avoid crowded spaces: Ride motorcycles.
    • Do not use public transportation: Ride motorcycles.
    • Well-ventilated spaces are virus free: Ride motorcycles.
    • Wear gloves: Ride motorcycles.
    • Keep at least six feet from other people: Ride motorcycles.
    • Keep a positive attitude: Ride motorcycles!

Be safe out there
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Someone I knew just passed away recently, on the wrong end of a motorcycle accident. He was a local Fed Ex driver, always quick witted and outgoing. He delivered to my last job at the motorcycle dealership. Frequent brief conversations left me with positive impressions of him. My wife does his girlfriend's college homework for extra cash. It was her birthday, and she was reading a love note from him when his job called to find out why he didn't come in. They had a kid together, separated and got back together 8ish months ago. Just bought a house together, and his girlfriend is pregnant. Incredibly tragic.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...crash-on-i-75/

For whatever reason, it seems he either didn't or couldn't stop and it cost him his life. Being thrown from your bike, hit buy a car, rolled underneath and dragged is no way to go. I understand his memorial service is open casket with a covering from the neck down.

Please stay safe everyone. Nobody deserves an end like that. Please pray for his family if you're of a mind to do so.

-Cory

I'm finding myself casually back in the market. I don't "need" a different motorcycle as my FXDL is fine, but I kind of want one. I don't have any major issues with the motor on the FXDL, it's the suspension and handling. I started off riding with a 1200 sportster, went to a CBR600, and now have the FXDL. The big twin honestly doesn't handle as good as the sportster, let alone the CBR. Part of me regrets selling the CBR, but the riding position would make my hands and wrists hurt after a little while.

I'm looking at the GSXR 750, and the Yamaha MT 09 or 10. I've had a thing for GSXRs for a while, and I've heard as far as sport bikes go, they're the most comfortable. I'm afraid it just won't be enough of a difference and I'll wish I had gotten a naked bike. Hence, the Yamahas. I'd be more interested in some of the Euro offerings there, except the dealer network in my area is pretty much non-existent, whereas there's a Yamaha dealership a couple miles from my house. That's actually a problem with the Suzukis, too. There's 2 dealers around that are each close to an hour away. I do all my own maintenace so that's not a HUGE deal, but there is a Harley dealer close by too and that has been nice when I need to run and get a part.

I rarely look at new bikes, but both Yamaha and Suzuki have 0% rates right now. I've been thinking for a while about what I'd do to fix the handling on the FXDL, and I'm looking at a true track stabilizer, fork brace, and new springs front and rear. That's not a small amount of money, and I may end up still not happy at the end.

After reading this whole thread it seems like the naked bikes are pretty popular here. Should I just admit that I'm in my 30s now, drop the GSXR idea, and look at MT 09s and 10s?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I really hope they build this. I think they nailed it.

https://global.honda/newsroom/news/2...00327aeng.html

Name:  2200327aeng_01.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  50.2 KB
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I really hope they build this. I think they nailed it.

https://global.honda/newsroom/news/2...00327aeng.html

Name:  2200327aeng_01.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  50.2 KB
    Reminds me of my 1979 Honda 750F that I flogged around on cross country tours and track days. One of the best bikes I ever had.

Name:  CB750F.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  83.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    After reading this whole thread it seems like the naked bikes are pretty popular here. Should I just admit that I'm in my 30s now, drop the GSXR idea, and look at MT 09s and 10s?
    My 2 cents: Naked bikes are fun for about an hour in nice weather. If you like going on longer trips you'll get really tired of the constant wind pushing on large parts of your upper body. Bugs (beetles, crickets, and the like) will hit your legs and everything else and at 70-80 mph (speed limit many places) it's unpleasant. You won't believe how much wetter you get on a naked bike than a faired bike if you're caught in a surprise rain storm.

Don't get me wrong, if you just want a bike for tootling around then naked bikes are fun, and arguably give you a more intense experience. For travel etc. they are not great at all.
    (Had an R1200R, got tired of the above and traded up to an R1200GSA)
    Last edited by CompressionIgnition; 05-24-2020 at 10:27 PM.
    I wouldn't post in RR if you are sensitive in the slightest. It's sort of the opposite of a "safe space." --Baldanders

Finally scored an R1250GS. Loving it so far. I've also been eyeing a supermoto and this seems to be almost enough of that with the bags off to maybe scratch that itch.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Finally scored an R1250GS. Loving it so far. I've also been eyeing a supermoto and this seems to be almost enough of that with the bags off to maybe scratch that itch.
    Except that it weighs almost 600lbs.

-sincerely owner of a Yamaha Super Tenere

I wouldn't be doing the full supermoto thing though. I'd certainly love to save the 200# and have a fourth bike, but the GS might do *enough* of the dirt bike kinda thing.

I've also only got 50 road miles on a 690. That could change, but they're selling for close enough to new that I am OK holding off for a year or two longer.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List