Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    My frame of reference is pretty narrow at this point, I grew up on sub 250cc dirt bikes and I may have...borrowed by step fathers Harley soft tail on occasion...
    I have been very happy with the MT07 thus far, it has enough power to handle the highway safely, but is nimble and light enough for daily commuting through town and some surprise back/dirt roads as well being pretty forgiving for a more novice street rider.
    I just googled MT07. That looks like a fun sicle.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

MT-07 loaded up for a USPSA match yesterday.
    I have been very happy with the MT07 thus far, it has enough power to handle the highway safely, but is nimble and light enough for daily commuting through town and some surprise back/dirt roads as well being pretty forgiving for a more novice street rider.
    Speaking of lighter smaller bikes, I just did my first weekend away with the SV650 and am very happy. As expected, it was not as nice cruising as the FZ-1, but not so bad. Plenty enough power to have fun, not enough to worry about. Small gas tank but much better mileage means it will probably have a range withing ten miles or so of the FZ that has a much larger tank.

Got it setup the way I want, with a great rack for the Givi topcase, little Givi flyscreen and a RAM mount for the GPS.
    Name:  photo_2023-09-05_07-55-02.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  86.6 KB

Strap on dry bag and all set for a four day trip.
    Name:  Dry Bag.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  70.1 KB

Even the ride home is fun.
    Name:  Ride Home.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  41.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    something under 600 lbs with 60 HP and chain drive. ... I had an original TR6 roadster and that convinced me that weight and handling was more important than horse power.
    Kinda describes the SV, and there a buttload of them out there, some at bargain prices, I snagged mine for $5k, but I was lucky and jumped on it the day the guy dropped his price.

Still have the FZ-1 for sale, the guy that committed to buy it got screwed by a hailstorm that totaled both of his vehicles on the same day. One of those situations where the insurance payout on his truck was probably $50k short of a replacement, so he had to drop a bunch of money out of pocket to get it fixed, so new motorcycle. Someone on Marketplace asked about a running video so I went to the boat storage building for a visit with it and rode it around the lot a little. I don't want to keep it and for sure don't need to, but it is still sweet and sure not going to sell if for any late season low-ball offers. I will probably sell it in the spring. Or not...
    Name:  MMc FZ1.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  100.3 KB

So, this sort of happened this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    So, this sort of happened this week.
    That's beautiful - and classic looking.

Details (year/make/model), please?

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    That's beautiful - and classic looking.

Details (year/make/model), please?

-Rainman
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 cafe. 2019. Air cooled, 270 degree twin. Basic British tech that dates back to the dark ages, save only for fuel injection and ABS brakes. Just what I was looking for.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 cafe. 2019. Air cooled, 270 degree twin. Basic British tech that dates back to the dark ages, save only for fuel injection and ABS brakes. Just what I was looking for.
    I’ve got a 2021 in the Black Magic paint scheme. You have excellent taste in motorcycles!

Quote Originally Posted by centex View Post
    I’ve got a 2021 in the Black Magic paint scheme. You have excellent taste in motorcycles!
    That black/gold is hot.

How’s the bike treating you?

Site Supporter
    Bought mine new and I’m not a hard rider, maybe 700-1000 miles per year. Aside from regular maintenance it’s been a boringly reliable bike so far. If I had a complaint, I think it could use better brakes but I don’t ride aggressively enough for it to be a real issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by centex View Post
    Bought mine new and I’m not a hard rider, maybe 700-1000 miles per year. Aside from regular maintenance it’s been a boringly reliable bike so far. If I had a complaint, I think it could use better brakes but I don’t ride aggressively enough for it to be a real issue for me.
    I appreciate the input!

Going to be many, many months before my tires hit pavement again.

Still ice covered secondary and tertiary roads here.

Perhaps May.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List