Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Snuck out on this 2020 GSX-S 750 for a bit this morning. This is definitely the style of bike I like.

-Cory
    I'd call you a Squid, but then I'd have to post a pic of my mid-90's BWM bagger and you'd call me a Boomer, then we'd be back to square 1.

Seriously... That looks like pretty upright ergos. I've always liked the Ninja 650R for it's upright ergonomics. The tail on the Suzi is icky. Looks like it belongs on a dirt bike.
    How's it ride?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The tail on the Suzi is icky. Looks like it belongs on a dirt bike.
    Looks like it was designed to be on a scrap pile:
    Name:  None.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  30.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'd call you a Squid, but then I'd have to post a pic of my mid-90's BWM bagger and you'd call me a Boomer, then we'd be back to square 1.

Seriously... That looks like pretty upright ergos. I've always liked the Ninja 650R for it's upright ergonomics. The tail on the Suzi is icky. Looks like it belongs on a dirt bike.
    How's it ride?
    I don't call people boomers. It's stupid. I don't care for getting lumped in with the mistakes many in my generation have made, and try not to do it to others.

I like the bike. I like the upright position, and she has plenty of mid-range snot. I think I like the 1000cc Katana more but they're very similar. Has a great clutch, like all new Suzukis. I'm not much of a hooligan, but I imagine this is good for that too.

-Cory

Edit: We have a BMW bagger at work. I think it's a '96. It's a little more touring than my style. I see the appeal though.
    Last edited by Cory; 02-18-2020 at 05:12 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Actually, like the car world the current production moto world doesn’t do much for me.
    I like the 790 Duke, but it would be $16-17k by the time I hung Ohlins and Akrapovic on it, which it would need. Then I'd be trying to figure out how to restyle it. The insect looks make me want to stab my eyes with those radiator whatever-they-ares. But on specs, it's the only street bike I'm really interested in at this point.

The Z900RS Cafe is cool looking, but it weighs about 90 lb more than my SV, which takes a lot of that shine away. And I'd have to get a 19, because they screwed up the graphics for 2020.

I could definitely go for a Husky 501 dual sport, though, if I lived within several hours of any riding of the kind I want to do.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I like the 790 Duke, but it would be $16-17k by the time I hung Ohlins and Akrapovic on it, which it would need. Then I'd be trying to figure out how to restyle it. The insect looks make me want to stab my eyes with those radiator whatever-they-ares. But on specs, it's the only street bike I'm really interested in at this point.

The Z900RS Cafe is cool looking, but it weighs about 90 lb more than my SV, which takes a lot of that shine away. And I'd have to get a 19, because they screwed up the graphics for 2020.

I could definitely go for a Husky 501 dual sport, though, if I lived within several hours of any riding of the kind I want to do.
    A 690 SMC R would be pretty awesome.

A Husky 701 Supermoto is probably too much for me, since I haven’t ridden regularly in nigh 20-years.

And I admit to a liking the lusty good looks of the Indian FTR 1200...would def own one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    A Husky 701 Supermoto
    And I admit to a liking the lusty good looks of the Indian FTR 1200...would def own one of those.
    We're a Polaris dealer. I keep hoping we'll pick up Indian just so I can try out an FTR 1200.

Some others I really want to try but haven't are the Duke 790, MT09, Street Triple and Speed Triple. I rode an older beat on street triple, and I really liked it. I can't imagine one that was new.

I've rode a Husq 701 Enduro. That was a LOT of torque. It's a bit taller than I like, but this one had a custom concept seat I think. I was on road only. I'm not super experienced off road, and would probably dump it.

-Cory

I have an old TE610. One of my Asian friends told me it was his most-wanted bike at one point. Watching him try to get a leg over it made up for all the Lotus cars I can't get in. I'm 6'4" and have been told I make it look like a 125.
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I have an old TE610.
    A couple of years ago I had an '06 TE610 and an '05 TE510 at the same time, with a set of knobbie wheels for both and one set of sumo wheels I'd swap between them.

I loved the 610, best dual sport I've had. The 510 in the other hand, it was like Satan's own chariot...it was scary.

Fun game. I'll play.

Been riding for 30+ years. My all-time favorites have been two very different bikes:

2000 Kawi Super Sherpa

2005 Duc Multistrada 1000S DS (Öhlins front and rear & Termis)

My dream bike now is a Guzzi V7, set up for touring (bags/screen). Mid-size, shaft, stupid large tank, Italian twin magic all make it perfect, IMHO.

Name:  V7 tour.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  44.5 KB

Ideally it would be the 2016 Special in blue...though people DO get out of your way, if you're riding a white bike with bags and a windshield!

Name:  2016 special.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  70.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    A couple of years ago I had an '06 TE610 and an '05 TE510 at the same time, with a set of knobbie wheels for both and one set of sumo wheels I'd swap between them.

I loved the 610, best dual sport I've had. The 510 in the other hand, it was like Satan's own chariot...it was scary.
    It's a proven fact that blue and yellow is faster and handles better.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlymonk View Post
    Fun game. I'll play.

Been riding for 30+ years. My all-time favorites have been two very different bikes:

2000 Kawi Super Sherpa

The relaunch of the KLX300R is interesting here in TX, where you can plate a two stroke. Seems like it would be a great around town beater. The newer, EFI version should be the better bike, but it's so much heavier than the nearly identical old carb model, it makes a lot more sense to find a clean one of those.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 02-19-2020 at 10:59 PM.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List