Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet and smart phone discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    The Thuderbolt should ship with the extended battery.

With GPS and Wifi OFF, I'm happy to see 24 hours of no charging!
    Could the 3G-only signal in your building be killing the battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Could the 3G-only signal in your building be killing the battery life?
    Possibly. There's an app on Market that allows you to change the phone's settings to keep it from hunting for a 4g signal. LET On/Off is its name, I believe.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Good thought, I'll give it a try. I don't have much 4G coverage in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Good thought, I'll give it a try. I don't have much 4G coverage in my area.
    It has a lot of options and can make the difference between having email coverage and not versus the stock settings that you can't adjust.
    #RESIST

I am still running a First Generation iPhone...........

Waiting for the Iphone 5 to come out before upgrading. A friend recently upgraded to the Motorola Atrix. He keeps complaining that the OS is too hard to use and he is a freaking software engineer. Something about that makes me laugh

Todd, this might be compelling.....

I'm watching South Park's latest episode via their website on my Thunderbolt via cellular signal. Just like being at home on a computer. Don't have to buy anything on iTunes, no syncing files over, it just works.
    #RESIST

Are you at work?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Are you at work?
    Yup, my work is quiet and leaves me alone. I am also encouraged to carry concealed
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I've decided to take my iPhone4 to the Apple Store to get replaced (hopefully) for now, as apparently others have had similar signal/antenna issues with early 4's... mine was pre-ordered so it's from the very first batch. If that fixes everything but the keyboard, I can hold out until later in the year to compare the 5 to the Droids at the time.
    So did they replace your iPhone Todd? Sounds like you definitely have some kind of hardware issue with it. I have my phone configured to a number of bluetooth devices including my Honda Ridgeline and it works like clockwork every time.

I had a Gen 2 iPod that had a broken hard drive, I took it in thinking they would send it in to be fixed. To my amazement the guy at the Genius Bar pulled out another iPod for me to walk out with and I've been an Apple fanboi ever since.

I think the dropped calls have been mainly on Apple's end and have been getting better for me. I love my iPhone 4 and think with some fixes you can have her running right. Also you don't have to go through .me to get pushed email, I'm getting mine from Yahoo and Gmail as well with no problems once you configure those mail accounts.

--Guy

We are diminished
    I've not made it to the Apple store yet. Hopefully this week.

Re: push mail, my issue is that I have my own domain(s). There's a very complicated way to get it done (I bounce all of my incoming mail to my .me account and send through a gmail account that bounces my outgoing from my domain) but it's annoying and all of my emails arrive "from yaddayadda@pistol-training.com via yaddayadda@gmail.com" which trips up some spam filters, especially DOJ and DOD filters.

TJ keeps telling me to move to a full on gmail solution but that, again, would require time and effort and I haven't even been able to get across town to the Apple store yet, have I?

User Tag List