Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet and smart phone discussion thread

Having considered both the BB & Droid I went Droid II. My boss had a BB curve & I didn't like either the keyboard or track ball. My daughter had a BB storm that kept locking up when it received text messages. So I went Droid. I have huge fingers and have used the pull out key board exactly once. Since I don’t use it I wish I went with a model without that feature. IMO it makes the phone more fragile for something I don’t use.

One of the knocks against the droid was battery life. I got the extended life battery (which on the droid II is not much larger then the standard) and down loaded adv app killer. After tweaking the app killer setting I can go a day and a half of heavy use on one charge.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I've been running the Android platform on an HTC Eris for about a year. Adequately quick & easy to use; easy to custom-configure with lots of apps and add-ons via the Android Market (many of which are absolutely free); voice-connectivity is great; touch-screen enables speedy and accurate typing/texting with intuitive auto-complete functionality, even with my abnormally fat thumbs.

I'm now looking at the Thunderbolt for its higher speed (4G vs 3G), larger screen, considerably more robust feature set and, frankly, it overcomes the occasionally buggy behavior of my low-cost-of-entry Eris.

No matter what, go with Verizon over AT&T if voice connectivity is important to you---Verizon's network kills AT&T's, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I've been forced to use a Blackberry for the past 5 years, I hate it. I would trade it for an Android system if that option was available.

The keyboard is easy to type on, but that's all it has going for it.
    Ugh, I feel your pain - I've been in the same boat for 6+ years. Verizon recently acquired my employer, and I'm hoping we'll get more mobile options as Verizon employees. That said - they're pretty solid as phones and for simple email. I hate browsing or anything else on my BB - but if the OP rarely browses on his phone, it might be a good choice... nah, who am I kidding. BBs suck!

Site Supporter
    I've been tied down for MS Exchange integration. We're rolling out Good servers shortly .... I'll ditch this BB at my first opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I've been running the Android platform on an HTC Eris for about a year.

Awesome.

Is this why you didn't respond to my inquiry about AFHF in culpeper in Sept?

J/k

But seriously though
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

I actually used to be a use Blackberry supporter, having used them for work for years and years. And I do stand by the statement that for email, they're simply the best device out there...but if you want to do other stuff, then they're usually crippled with a crappy OS, a weak browser, and not a lot of apps.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I've been tied down for MS Exchange integration. We're rolling out Good servers shortly .... I'll ditch this BB at my first opportunity.
    Nitro-desk for Android OS works brilliantly with Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Nitro-desk for Android OS works brilliantly with Exchange.
    Even without it the support isn't horrible. As long as there's an OWA site published, your android can sync mail and calendar from it.

I can personally attest to witnessing the awesome of your network earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Digging the 4G speeds. When I'm on trips, I can tether my iPad or laptop to my Stood and surf at least as fast as at home.

User Tag List