Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet and smart phone discussion thread

Just get the Swiftkey tablet keyboard.
    #RESIST

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Just get the Swiftkey tablet keyboard.
    I got Swype which has been ok on my phone when I'm too lazy to open the hardware keyboard. It seems to be working fairly well.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I got Swype which has been ok on my phone when I'm too lazy to open the hardware keyboard. It seems to be working fairly well.
    SwiftKey has superior text prediction (in my experience), but now includes Swype functionality (I think they call it trace or something?).

Which is my way of saying I agree with LL: Swiftkey is the way to go. I use it on my phone and my tablet.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

We are diminished
    I tried Swiftkey on my phone and didn't like it. My recollection is that it "predicted" itself into more errors than Swype. I realize that makes me an anomaly.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    My bad - didn't realize you had already tried it.

Rock on with your new tablet. I'm jealous!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

We are diminished
    No worries. For the money, it's a pretty neat piece of tech. If it proves itself I might buy another (or replace my gen1 iPad with a Nexus 10).

Which isn't an answer to the question. Since I cannot rely on you, I just picked up a 32G N7 myself. I'll be using it as a range log so given my normal level of care when it comes to electronics on the range, I should have an answer soon enough...
    So is this going to start a new reliability challenge? If your tablet cannot go for 10 drops it is not safe to carry?

I tried Swiftkey on my phone and didn't like it. My recollection is that it "predicted" itself into more errors than Swype. I realize that makes me an anomaly.
    The tablet version is a bit of a different animal.
    #RESIST

No worries. For the money, it's a pretty neat piece of tech. If it proves itself I might buy another (or replace my gen1 iPad with a Nexus 10).
    Might as well wait on the next Nexus 10.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Might as well wait on the next Nexus 10.
    Does anyone have good info on when the new Nexus 10 will be announced, and what it will cost?
    I'm looking to buy a tablet for Christmas, hoping to spend about $400 or less. If the new ones are going to be more than that I may snag an old one while they're discounted.

User Tag List