Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: **NSFW** Two explosions at the Boston Marathon **NSFW**

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I kind of want to say "well, duh!", but maybe there's something obvious I'm missing.
    I suspect- he is suggesting that there most likely have been innocent people executed. With all the exonerations due to the Innocence Project and others, I don’t see how some innocents have not been executed.

Shitstain attacked innocents because they were Americans and we live in a free and secular society in diametric opposition to the islamist caliphate he and others like him intend to impose on all of us.

He is a terrorist and as such is an unlawful combatant, IDGAS if he was given citizenship - it was part of his plan, their plan. He should have been tried by a military tribunal and executed forthwith. Failing that, I am sure the Jordanian General Intelligence Directorate has some pressing questions for him.

While we sit on our asses debating the finer points of revenge and legal vs. justice system, thousands just like shitstain are planning to kill us and overthrow all democratic governments. It sounds like hyperbole but it is not. Just look at the demographics of Saudia Arabia and other Muslim countries. They have gobs and gobs of young unemployed males being instructed in wahhabist bullshit and each one of these young men is a potential shitstain. And the Sunday morning cartoons that the little kids in Palestine watched this morning included a demented little Mickey Mouse wannabe chanting death to Americans and death to all Jews.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Site Supporter
    The actual decision, all 244 pages of it, can be found here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2169762/%3famp

There seems to be an assumption Tsarnaev will serve his sentence in solitary at ADX Florence. However, I’ve only skimmed it but there is nothing specifying where or how Tsarnaev will serve his sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The actual decision, all 244 pages of it, can be found here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2169762/%3famp

There seems to be an assumption Tsarnaev will serve his sentence in solitary at ADX Florence. However, I’ve only skimmed it but there is nothing specifying where or how Tsarnaev will serve his sentence.
    I was assuming it'd be that way since he's already been at Florence for the better half of this decade even though he should otherwise be at Terre Haute, as it was determined that Florence is the only acceptable facility for him.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Good for her.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-ma...rist-supporter

Boston Marathon bombing survivor flips off 'terrorist supporter' outside court

Boston Marathon bombing survivor Adrianne Haslet was anything but coy Thursday when she confronted a lone supporter of convicted killer Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, resulting in a brief but heated exchange outside a Boston federal courthouse.

Haslet was walking toward the entrance of the courthouse, where Tsarnaev’s lawyers are urging a U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals panel to overturn his death sentence, when she saw a man holding a sign that read “Free Jahar.”

Footage captured by Fox-affiliated Boston25 showed Haslet offering the man her middle finger before saying “F--- you.”

The two exchanged a few more words before Haslet walked inside the building.

She later posted a video to her Instagram story where she said she hadn’t planned to make the news by “flipping that guy off” but she also had never thought she would run into a “terrorist supporter.”

Haslet, who lost her leg in the April 15, 2013 attack, was attending an appeals hearing for Tsarnaev, who attorneys claim received an unfair trial.

Site Supporter
    This schmuck is not going to experience freedom at anypoint in his future life. Not Handing his life to people who are not objective is the right move. You can forgive but not forget. Justice isn’t always fair. That is the problem

Site Supporter
    The BOP, not any sentencing judge makes the final call re placement.

ADX Florence has been his designation since the beginning.

Given the nature of his case/crime, ADX Florence is his likely home for the foreseeable future.

DP sentences are presently carried out by the BOP at USP Terre Haute.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Super Max wing for convicts who are eligible for the DP but get a life without parole sentence with one provision. They get to serve out their life sentence there or they can voluntarily agree for the DP anytime.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    "So if this was the case, why not throw out the entire conviction rather than just the sentence? That this appeals court specifically upheld most of the convictions from this same jury seems more political than judicial..."

Did you read any of the 220+ page opinion? Because if you had it would have been patently clear the defendant's guilt was never really argued or in play. The entire defensive strategy was to present as much mitigation/background/context evidence as possible re the radicalization of the def and the influence of the brother over him in an effort to avoid the death penalty. In closing argument, the defense attys essentially conceded guilt. It was always about avoiding the DP.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I don't know. Maybe you have to attend Hahrvahrd to fully comprehend Schrödinger's jury, but since the convictions were appealed along with the sentence it seems illogical to conclude one jury is at the same time impartial and potentially too biased.
    Got around to reading the decision and while the defense did request a new trial, during oral arguments for the appeal they inexplicably conceded the biased jury's guilty verdict did not harm their client! It baffles my mind that they would make this concession, but given that they did the judges' rulings seem a bit more reasonable.

I'm reminded of Churchill's quote, from the early 1900's when Britain was debating the death penalty - something along the lines of 'I fear that opponents of the death penalty underestimate the cruelty of life in prison'.

I think it bears thinking about. 'Actual Innocence' (a book describing some of the exonerations of death row inmates by DNA testing) is enough to make your blood boil. But, I think, abolishing the death penalty isn't the right response. It's not much comfort to be falsely convicted because of shoddy forensics, false jailhouse snitches, etc and merely serve LWOP knowing you are innocent. You can of course argue that the eventually exonerated are happy they weren't executed, but you just can't make up for a lengthy false imprisonment - half your life spent in prison is half a death penalty (maybe more ... you miss out on marriage, having kids, ...). Better to try and drive the false conviction rate as close to zero as possible than ban the death penalty and let the false convictions go on.

Or perhaps in DP cases the jury should have three choices - not guilty, guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and guilty beyond any doubt whatsoever. Consider the Norwegian whacko who killed 180 some kids. He's not even maintaining that he's innocent; he's proud of what he did. You can call it revenge or justice according to your preference, but promptly executing him would be entirely appropriate.

User Tag List