Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: **NSFW** Two explosions at the Boston Marathon **NSFW**

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    So... is his rifle not loaded, or did he take the extra precaution of closing the dust cover after he charged it?
    Why would that be facepalm worthy, or even odd?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

So... is his rifle not loaded, or did he take the extra precaution of closing the dust cover after he charged it?
    Weather prediction is tough in MA, I heard about random and severe sandstorms being imminent
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Mil guys are trained to close the dust cover when not in action.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Why would that be facepalm worthy, or even odd?
    Because this photo was taken during the search of the apartment building, and this guy was supposed to be providing overwatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Mil guys are trained to close the dust cover when not in action.
    Good to know, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Because this photo was taken during the search of the apartment building, and this guy was supposed to be providing overwatch.
    How long had he been sitting there? What don't we know? Non issue in my book.
    #RESIST

I never realized that cool-kids didn't close the ejection port cover.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I know some instructors do teach that (assuming there is time, and the guy doesn't look like he's in a firefight), such as Pat Rogers and Jason Falla.

Every Military trained shooter I have ever shot with has kept his dust cover closed when not shooting, to include snapping it shut after charging the rifle.

Further, the Massachusetts State Police STOP team probably has a pretty solid grasp on what they're doing.
    Last edited by JDM; 04-19-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Every Military trained shooter I have ever shot with has kept his dust cover closed when not shooting, to include snapping it shut after charging the rifle.
    As a civilian (with experience in an instructing capacity) I *always* keep my dust cover closed. It is ingrained in me from experience in sandy conditions, but even before that, I still always paid attention to details like that...

This is just common sense, and isn't something that I would expect to be made an issue of.

User Tag List