Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoes...

Was in Nordstoms tonight with the wife and there was a man buying a few pairs of AE's and talking them up with a salesman who said it is their best selling brand and he talked up all the local mildly famous folk who wore them too.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_4173.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  24.2 KBI bought a pair of Allen Edmonds LGA Road Warriors. It was an impulse purchase but after I tried them on I was sold. They are very comfortable. It's hard to find wide sized dress shoes.

Check out the Dr. Martens For Life Collection. I bought a pair three years ago and the soles look almost new. I had been wearing through a pair every year to year and a half. When they do wear out, they will repair or replace for $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    It's hard to find wide sized dress shoes.
    Where are you looking? It's hard to not find them. Most of the shoes and boots I've looked at on the used market are wide as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Got the same pair.

With a less aggressive sole and the right person wearing them they do not look terrible with the right color dress clothing. Not sure I'd go to court in them but something where I can be me I am all over it.

Cole Haan was another pair I have, they are OK but the Allen Edmonds seem hard to argue with for just a little more.
    Were those things that looked like jump boots, Allen Edmonds?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Were those things that looked like jump boots, Allen Edmonds?
    God no, and I'd like to alter my statement a bit. I have an "adult" pair of shoes similar and they work well with jeans and beyond.

Those are Gripfast 10 eyelet boots. That style, a cap toe boot, can work well but I feel like an ass thinking that I ever said the Gripfasts could work with anything other than jeans and the like.

I have a pair of Alden 4060HC's in color #8 shell cordovan that are my "adult" version of those boots.

They also make a jump boot like boot that's on the list but that's well after a pair of Viberg's and some snuff suede chukka's.
    Last edited by orionz06; 04-12-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Allen Edmonds is having a sale through 4-23. https://www.allenedmonds.com/home
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    *sigh* if only...
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Thanks very much, I need some new dress shoes.

Site Supporter
    Corcoran, a WW2 military boot manufacturer that still produces the brown paratrooper boot, makes a made in USA leather oxford that's postal approved.

User Tag List