Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post

Carmina, which is a Spanish company, is getting alot of rave reviews too with what you get for your money.
    I walked into their Madrid store on Serrano about year and a half ago. Their stuff looks like art work, and prices made $400 Mephistos feel like a bargain. I didn't need any shoes at that time, and the cost made it impossible to be a grab-and-go type of purchase, but in retrospect I regret not getting a pair.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-17-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Regarding Allen Edmonds. Make sure you keep an eye on eBay and some of the discount shoe resellers. NIB seconds are often available in the $100-150 range, though not as often as they uses to be. The defects that make them seconds are usually small and unnoticeable.

Unexplained double tap.

Site Supporter
    I bought two pairs of Aldens several months ago and have been very happy with them to date. The initial outlay was steep, but I expect to have them for the rest of my life, as opposed to the $100 a pair shoes I was cycling through every 6-9 months or so.

I have 6 pair of Allen Edmonds and the only better American shoe is Alden.

One thing on A&E shoes is that some lasts may not be comfortable on your foot. I'm a half size difference in two different A&E lasts, so you may have to upsize or downsize.

A-E's are what made me a believer in paying more for a great shoe.

My MacNeil's look the best, but my MacAllister's fit and feel better on my feet.

Site Supporter
    Ray,

I had an english pair of these wingtips in black that I have worn with cords/slacks and a blazer in court when it was at the magistrate level.

http://www.dmusastore.com/p-1793-118...ck-greasy.aspx

I typically wear a full suit to district court with AE lace ups. Absent a cranial/rectal inversion moment, I do not even wear a blazer and slacks to district court.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Ray,

I had an english pair of these wingtips in black that I have worn with cords/slacks and a blazer in court when it was at the magistrate level.

http://www.dmusastore.com/p-1793-118...ck-greasy.aspx

I typically wear a full suit to district court with AE lace ups. Absent a cranial/rectal inversion moment, I do not even wear a blazer and slacks to district court.
    Thanks, I will slacks and blazer it unless I'm in front of a jury or a potential tv camera. And the black sharpie covers up the threads on those too?

As a defendent?
    These are my defendant boots.
    Hippy blood is mixed in with the dye to make the unique colour.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    These are my defendant boots.
    Hippy blood is mixed in with the dye to make the unique colour.

Got the same pair.

With a less aggressive sole and the right person wearing them they do not look terrible with the right color dress clothing. Not sure I'd go to court in them but something where I can be me I am all over it.

Cole Haan was another pair I have, they are OK but the Allen Edmonds seem hard to argue with for just a little more.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    K,

The sharpie worked for me. I just touched up every so often.

This style below does not seem to use the yellow thread:

http://www.dmusastore.com/p-4748-steed.aspx

User Tag List