Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Shoes...

My wife and I like to do our own Christmas together, separate from our respective families. Due to our travel plans this year, that meant we did it last night.

She got me a pair of AE Higgins Mill boots in brown. They look great, and man are they friggin' comfortable as hell.

I'm lovin' my Allen Edmonds footwear at this point. Totally worth the money.

Ended up being a funny Christmas of sorts, because we both got each other boots.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

She got me a pair of AE Higgins Mill boots in brown. They look great, and man are they friggin' comfortable as hell.

I'm lovin' my Allen Edmonds footwear at this point. Totally worth the money.
    That Higgins Mill is a goid-looking boot. Sounds like a good Christmas this year, so far.

I’m another A&E fan.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I've been wearing out my AE Normandy Boots, so dropped them off at the local AE to go back to the factory for recrafting. Unfortunately, they were running a 20% sale off the holiday prices (in-store only), so I left with a pair of Dalton Boots with Dainite soles...and another set of Normandy boots in the new brown color with the Commando tread.

I mean, why wouldn't I buy another pair of Normandy boots? What will I wear while the first pair are being recrafted?

I really like the Dainite option on the AE shoes. They look sharp, they're comfortable, and the comfort and traction is excellent. Plus, I find they last longer than the leather soles. What's not to like?

And the new Normandy boots are fantastic - the brown color is great, the new tread is fantastic, and they used the same soft kudu leather. They are easily my favorite boots.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I really like the Dainite option on the AE shoes. They look sharp, they're comfortable, and the comfort and traction is excellent. Plus, I find they last longer than the leather soles. What's not to like?
    Yep. All three pairs of AEs I have are sporting dainite soles.

The Higgins boots in particular.....I think they have more cork in the sole than the 5th Aves.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

These guys have some good shoes: https://www.cobbler-union.com
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Double post.
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-23-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Woah - those are nice.

I'll also add my appreciation of the Allen Edmonds with Danite soles. It's not helping my credit card balance that they keep running holiday sales. Also, if you like their shoes but aren't on their email list, you might want to fix that. The discounts are pretty legit.
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-23-2018 at 12:09 AM.

I shouldn't have peered into this thread. (I'll start getting ideas. Sigh.)

Beautifully crafted shoes, gents.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I shouldn't have peered into this thread. (I'll start getting ideas. Sigh.)

Beautifully crafted shoes, gents.
    Sitting here on the couch this morning I've discovered that I am AE has a retail location 15 minutes from me.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I just picked up 3 new AE shoes, one is a double monk which I don't have. I would like to own a Gaziano & Girling and great price for a near bespoke shoe. I am looking at a Prague/Budapest trip later in the year so I am looking forward to a true bespoke. I thought I had way too many tac shoes/boots, but this is getting just as bad. I can never complain about the wife ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Very much like their offerings.

User Tag List