Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blood Lead Level

Buddy of mine had the same issues. Switching to plated bullets seemed to cure the issue. IMHO, a lot of his exposure was using a bronze brush to clean the bore of his G22 after shooting lead bullets. Suspect that was tossing very small particles of lead around.

We are diminished
    I keep a half dozen of these in my range bag:

Name:  dleadwipes.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  39.2 KB

I get mine from here.

The same company that makes D-Wipes makes a lead removal soap.
    I use that after reloading.

I've read that it's vaporized lead stypnate from primers is a main contributor to elevated lead levels.
    So, changing to no-lead primers may be a good idea. I saw ads for them a few years ago and think they are still on the market.

Actually those informations above are perfectly true.

But if you want more info regarding on osha you may visit or look on osha 10 hour training tx. Thanks for this forum site for accepting me.

we installed DLead soap at the range in our soap dispensers. Next to improving the ventilation on the indoor I think it's the best thing we could have done. I use it at home as well, after cleaning guns or reloading.
    Trying to find all my tests so I can post them, but I can't find the latest one. Once I do, I'll post them.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Nitrile Gloves

I can't stress enough the use of nitrile gloves while reloading and also cleaning...

Unless the understanding of lead toxicology has changed since I earned my biochemistry degree (certainly possible!), dermal uptake and ingestion of elemental lead are basically non-issues in adults. I almost can't imagine there is a such thing as a Ca, Fe, or Zn deficiency here in WI (hard water, not a cheese joke).

Dollars to donuts wearing a respirator while shooting would do more than washing your hand with special wipes, but take whatever precautions you think prudent for sure. Oh, and don't pick your nose while you're reloading.
    Outrunning my headlights since '81.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    Oh, and don't pick your nose while you're reloading.
    Whew! One more reason to be glad I don't reload...

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    I can't stress enough the use of nitrile gloves while reloading and also cleaning...
    Not just for lead, the chemicals in solvents are not so good for you and are easily absorbed.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    Yup. Disposable nitrile gloves are right up there with foam earplugs as useful things to buy in bulk and have readily available. I got in the habit at a previous job -- every lab had dispensers for gloves, ear, and eye protection right by the door. There's no reason for covering your hands with messy and/or potentially toxic goop if you've got gloves.

It's also good to have them available for emergency medical use.

If you'll be wearing them for a long time, I've found that the Glovemate liners cut down on the clammy feeling without reducing dexterity.
    http://www.buyemp.com/product/harbin...te-hand-liners

User Tag List