Thread: HighNoon Hideaway

HighNoon Hideaway

I recently picked up a HighNoon Hideaway holster for AIWB carry of my H&K P2000Sk.
    I chose the horsehide with belt clip attachment.
    Normally I'm not a clip fan but HighNoon has the best design I've ever used and I trust it completely. It's a pronounced "C" design that will not come off your belt. I think it's as strong or stronger than snap loops.
    The holster rides well and tucks the gun in perfect.
    It's cut for a full grip and carries the butt of the gun high enough that you can get a grip while it's still in the holster.
    With short fat guns like the Sk and the Glock 26 holster rotation can be a problem but the wide steel clip keeps it from rotating on the belt.
    I've even carried the Sk with a 13 round magazine which makes it butt heavy and exacerbates rotation and it still carried perfectly.
    I've been using it daily for the past 3 weeks and it's become my "go to" carry holster.
    Initial break-in with the horsehide took a few days (minor skin irritation) but it carries great with no irritation now and I carry with it directly against my skin.
    I shot our "CCW" match last weekend and had zero problems with fast access and easy re-holstering. The temps were in the upper 90's and I was sweating like a pig for 6 hours but the horsehide did a great job of repelling the sweat.
    My only modification was to Lock-Tite the tension screw and adjust the tension to my liking.

looks like a good option at a reasonable price. I've got a cheapie Don Hume that's similar, the clip is great on it but the design doesn't tuck the grip very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've even carried the Sk with a 13 round magazine which makes it butt heavy and exacerbates rotation and it still carried perfectly.
    so you think it would work OK with larger guns?

on a side note you gotta quit posting pictures of that gun. I'd talked myself out of anything subcompact but....daaaamn that thing calls to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I recently picked up a HighNoon Hideaway holster for AIWB carry of my H&K P2000Sk.
    ...temps were in the upper 90's and I was sweating like a pig for 6 hours but the horsehide did a great job of repelling the sweat.
    Thanks for sharing this great review & the pics. Very informative!

I've been carrying my P2000sk in a Crossbreed Supertuck for months---very comfortable and adequately concealing, but not very 'fast' on the draw from under a shirt with all the required clearing, sweeping and reaching. I've been trying to figure out the best & simplest means of carrying AIWB and this HighNoon model sounds very appealing---especially since it won't take a year to source it.

I know that HighNoon offers versions with sweat guards and that most find them way too big. With no sweat/shirt guard on this model, does the 'serrated' slide rub or gripe your gut? Also, does the direct exposure to skin & sweat promote slide corrosion?

One more question: what size belt is the clip designed to fit best?

The slide serrations don't bother me.
    Initially the rough side out horsehide "fuzzies" irritated me but after a few days they slicked down and I've had no problems since.
    I'm sure that enough sweating on the exposed slide and no maintenance would eventually cause some problems, but I wipe the sweat ring off with a silicon cleaning cloth every few days.
    I carry with a 1.5" wide, double thick sharkskin gun belt and the clip works perfect. I wouldn't trust it with a 1.25" belt and you'd probably have to thread a 1.75" belt through.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    so you think it would work OK with larger guns?
    I think it would work fine for a P2000 sized gun but I don't think it would be optimal for a P30's grip length.

Lifting this thread from the ashes.

I just received a Highnoon Hideaway for my P2000SK. I was skeptical about the simplicity of this holster but I am really enjoying it. The ride height is perfect and the minimalist nature of the holster makes a nice slim package. I got the cowhide as I was not keen on paying ~$100 more for horsehide.

I'd post a pic but it looks just like JodyH's picture above just a little newer.
    Last edited by Irelander; 06-11-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List