Thread: Do you know what this is?

Do you know what this is?

Friend of a friend sent me this picture to help identify this feature on a rifle he just acquired, but I couldn't find anything. It appears to be a Ruger 10/22 with a device to aid pulling the trigger. My best guess is for a disabled shooter, but hopefully someone can tell me for sure.

Name:  10 22 with attachment.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  73.3 KB
    Shooter's Digest Blog

We are diminished
    Looks more like a paintball trigger. There's something like that for ARs now: Brownells

Site Supporter
    Has your friend fired it yet ?

There use to be a devise that looked a bit like that that you would attach to a 10/22 to make it a little more fun.... But I'm guessing that if thats what it is theres probably some rule against it.

bump fire device.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...ery=PN/4514923

"The swinging pivotal motion of the pivot member provides an efficient movement to discharge the trigger. In addition, the discharge rate of the firearm is increased since both a forwardly and a rearwardly movement is used to actuate the trigger of the firearm. "
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

Todd, good call. You led my search in a different direction. It's an "Ultimate Trigger Actuator", made for 10/22's and AR's, maybe others, designed to pull the trigger faster. From the first few links Google pulled up there appears to be some debate on its legality, but I get the impression they aren't made anymore. Thanks for the help.
    Shooter's Digest Blog

User Tag List