Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Picking First Suppressed SBR Upper

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Carefully consider if a "double NFA" weapon is the right choice to meet your needs.
    Expound please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    The new KAC suppressors look EXTREMELY interesting to me, but they're unobtanium currently.

edit: I was talking about the KAC SR-15 11.5" upper just to clarify. My sentence structure was off there.
    That's alright.......I see I totally omitted some details myself. The KAC suppressor I was referencing in my original post was the QDSS. Not that KAC suppressors are something to stay away from..........just that particular model, IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    That's alright.......I see I totally omitted some details myself. The KAC suppressor I was referencing in my original post was the QDSS. Not that KAC suppressors are something to stay away from..........just that particular model, IME.
    Care to elaborate on that? I'm curious.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

It is old technology, and there are much better out there. Cans that are lighter, shorter, easier on/off, more robust attachment mechanisms, better return near zero, etc. The QDSS has only evolved slightly, while other manufacturers (and KAC themselves) are pushing forward with the design features I list in the second sentence. It just happens to be the suppressor most associated with the Mk18 CQBR, as both are SOCOM program items. (Look, I failed to mention semi-important details yet again!).

Unless you know a dealer who has your concept of the Noveske set up in stock, or you know someone at Noveske, you are going to be standing in a long line to get your gun.
    I cannot fully convey the depths to which this truth stings. *bitter* *very very bitter*

It is old technology, and there are much better out there. Cans that are lighter, shorter, easier on/off, more robust attachment mechanisms, better return near zero, etc. The QDSS has only evolved slightly, while other manufacturers (and KAC themselves) are pushing forward with the design features I list in the second sentence. It just happens to be the suppressor most associated with the Mk18 CQBR, as both are SOCOM program items. (Look, I failed to mention semi-important details yet again!).
    We ordered, but haven't seen any, of their brand new 5.56 CQB suppressors, which by their numbers compared to the QDSS is half as long, weighs half as much, has better signature reduction, better flash reduction, and costs less to boot. Yay run-on sentences which I'm too tired to fix.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Expound please.
    Sure. I think asking people to "carefully consider" their choices in life is generally sound advice.

Consider where you live geographically and the local culture. Consider what the local cops are armed with. Consider the actual layout of your dwelling. Consider wife, kids, neighbors. Consider if you have small kids, and how you would keep the gun in a state of readiness while still keeping it secure. Consider what you're proficient with.

Consider that your firearm is likely to be confiscated if you do shoot someone with it. Consider that a prosecuting attorney could make a case of you using "an assault weapon" even if it seems like a cut-and-dried "good shoot" amongst us gun people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I cannot fully convey the depths to which this truth stings. *bitter* *very very bitter*
    Thread drift.......but.......

Yeah. I understand the frustration. With this particular company, losing the Patriarch right as the panic stricken public began buying anything black/velcro set them back nearly two years at current rate of production (at that time). Of which, current production rates have changed as every company, every vendor, are experiencing shortages of parts, components, even raw materials. Can't build guns with parts you don't have. They have even had to go so far as not selling many parts/accessories, simply so they can have the parts available to build complete guns.

I think we are seeing the supply/demand train starting to catch up a bit, and barring any major craziness, we should start seeing companies like Noveske catching up with their orders, and their products will be available to mere mortals once again. Will it be tomorrow? Probably not. But it won't last forever either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    We ordered, but haven't seen any, of their brand new 5.56 CQB suppressors, which by their numbers compared to the QDSS is half as long, weighs half as much, has better signature reduction, better flash reduction, and costs less to boot. Yay run-on sentences which I'm too tired to fix.
    I can get some hands on data if you need.
    #RESIST

Thread drift.......but.......

Yeah. I understand the frustration. With this particular company, losing the Patriarch right as the panic stricken public began buying anything black/velcro set them back nearly two years at current rate of production (at that time). Of which, current production rates have changed as every company, every vendor, are experiencing shortages of parts, components, even raw materials. Can't build guns with parts you don't have. They have even had to go so far as not selling many parts/accessories, simply so they can have the parts available to build complete guns.

I think we are seeing the supply/demand train starting to catch up a bit, and barring any major craziness, we should start seeing companies like Noveske catching up with their orders, and their products will be available to mere mortals once again. Will it be tomorrow? Probably not. But it won't last forever either.
    I wish I had bought the 14.5" NSR we had in right before all the stupid. :-/
    J.M. Johnston

User Tag List