Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cane and Derby

I took delivery of two CDI single mag pouches on Saturday afternoon, both equipped with the canta-loop belt clips. When I ordered, Ian went out of his way to explain the design and set up an account for me right away for future ordering. When I asked about the different belt widths for the canta-loops, he threw in an extra set at no cost, now that is unheard of, at least in my holster buying/ordering experiences recently.
    The pouches are for Glock 9/.40 and HK45 mags. At first I was not sure about them due to the size, they have a slightly wider foot print on the belt than the FIN Designs and Comp-Tac mag pouches I've been using. They definitely have a much slimmer profile and snug in tight to the body on the belt for good concealment. Mag retention is tight, not too tight, but not sloppy either. The canta-loops were my big hang up as they looked funky in online pics, but after some reloading drills and dry-fire in the house they are definitely secure on the belt and not too difficult in the off/on process as well.
    Ian kept me in the loop from start to finish on my order and turn around times was about 2 weeks, not bad at all. I inquired about a Pardus AIWB for my particular HK, but they do not have a dummy for it at this time. However, Ian said that they have a local customer with that model of HK and would make up a few holsters to test and then advise when they were ready for production. They get an A+ for customer service from me.

I've used CDI mag pouch for a couple of weeks now, and works very well. I agree that it has a wider footprint, but it does keep mag closer to body than most other pouches. Comparing to Raven and JMC mag holders, CDI rides quite lower on the belt. This is neither advantage nor disadvantage on its own; individual body build and height of magazines play a big role here. I had a concern about pulling pouch off the belt due to open-end design of canti-loops, but the concern turned out to be non-issue. I am quite happy with CDI mag holder offering (mine is for P30).

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I've used CDI mag pouch for a couple of weeks now, and works very well. I agree that it has a wider footprint, but it does keep mag closer to body than most other pouches. Comparing to Raven and JMC mag holders, CDI rides quite lower on the belt. This is neither advantage nor disadvantage on its own; individual body build and height of magazines play a big role here. I had a concern about pulling pouch off the belt due to open-end design of canti-loops, but the concern turned out to be non-issue. I am quite happy with CDI mag holder offering (mine is for P30).
    Yes, it does keep the mag closer, much more so than the other mag pouches I've tried and have settled on for carry. The slimness is what got me when compared to a current carry carrier, same mag, but the CDI was a tad less noticeable in my regular wear attire, mileage may vary on this as you pointed out with regard to different body types. I was a little concerned at the lower ride below the belt, but after some carry, it is negligible at the most-no issue, for me. I went with the canta-loop design for a try since VolGrad informed me of trying to load a Glock mag and Comp-Tac carrier together in his gun during a reload. So far, they are secure on my nylon instructor type belts. I have a Raven on order and will compare them together, as the Raven is my first mag carrier from them. I'll definitely do business with CDI again.
    Last edited by SmokeJumper; 05-16-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Just took advantage of their Memorial Day weeklong sale and got me a Pardus Appendix holster.

We'll see how long it takes to get here Can't wait.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Just ordered a IWB and double mag carrier. If it gets here quick, I'll take advantage of their policy which takes off 10% and free shipping if you cancel with another maker.

It has been several weeks since I placed my order........going on about 8 now, and nothing heard so far. I was told about a month ago that it was going into production. Whatever that means.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

We are diminished
    FWIW, I've not received the updated aiwb from them that we were discussing a number of weeks ago, either. Probably just a spike in demand.

They've been super fast at responding to my emails and keeping me updated as to the status of my order. You might want to try emailing ian@caneandderby.com

Been waiting 5 weeks now, but no big rush personally. FWIW, Ian has done a good job of keeping me up to date via email.

Any updates on the new/updated appendix holster?
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

User Tag List