Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cane and Derby

Good to see you here Chris, and really enjoyed shooting with you guys. Any word on the pictures and video from the class?
    I think you made the right call, definitely a plus being able to pop the mag without unholstering.

Quote Originally Posted by willowofwisp View Post
    I have been running a Cane and Derby magazine carrier and find it perfect.
    Which mag carrier are you running, slime line or standard and did you go with standard belt loops or the canta-loop clip? I was just looking at CD website and pondering a new mag pouch to try. I'll have to call and see if they have an HK45 mag to work with as the HK45 was not listed in the options.

I placed an order with C&D about 2 weeks ago. Ian and the rest of their staff have been phenomenal! They should set the standard in the industry for customer service. I'll update this thread when I get my holsters and mag pouches in. I ordered their standard holster and appendix along with the SSL mag pouch with the cantiloops.

If anyone else is ordering and they are a veteran I suggest mentioning it to C&D for a discount. They treat veterans the same way most companies only treat current .Mil or LEO by offering them a discount as well.

Are you guys placing orders by phone? I had a few questions before ordering and can't seem to get a hold of anyone. Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Are you guys placing orders by phone? I had a few questions before ordering and can't seem to get a hold of anyone. Just curious
    I had good luck contacting Ian via email last Saturday. He responded within an hour or so, on Easter weekend none the less.

I placed an order via their website on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    FWIW, I think the holster needs additional tweaks before I'd say it's up to par with the Shaggy. The guys at C&D seem hellbent on making this the best aiwb holster imaginable, and I give them a lot of credit. I really look forward to the final product.
    I agree on all points. I eventually got my P30 back and was able to try a CDI AIWB holster. It needs some work, and I sent them my feedback. The way they are handling themselves, I'd really like to see them succeed.

Site Supporter
    I have been wearing a CD AIWB with the 2 rubber loop attachement for a G19 over the last couple of weeks. It was loaned to me by a friend who wanted my impressions.
    I have been carrying a G34/35 AIWB since July of 2009. My preferred rig is the Shaggy
    or a Keepers Kydex AIWB. I am 6'2'', 210ish, 44/46L coat, 34waist (I buy 36 for AIWB)/34 inseam

Pros
    Fit and Finish is excellent, using .080 kydex

Use of the "Blade Tech" fully adjustable rubber snap loop for both attachment points

Holster is secure yet releases the pistol quickly during the presentation and reholsters with a positve "click"

It is "available" in a sub 14 day time frame when CD has all the components in stock
    (I am told there is a bit of a run on the BT loops and hardware in the industry right now)

Cons
    The footprint is a bit wider and therefore a bit less comfortable for me.

Its construction could be tweaked to puss the butt of the gun into the body a bit more for my body type. I fully understand that this is a very personal thing. Moreover, CD does this primarily with a mold feature near the bottom of the holster v. a holster mouth feature like the Shaggy etc.

Price 85.00 is starting to get on the steep side for Kydex and would absolutely be on the high side if AIWB avalability was not such an issue in the industry right now.

Bottom Line- it is a workable solution. CD seems committed to making the best AIWB on the market, not just only one that can be had in something less than never given the wai times of CCC and RCS. I am looking forward to how CD evolves their AIWB with the input of TLG and other end users

David
    www.vcdgrips.com

I made contact yesterday with Ian at CDI. I was somewhat blown away by the attention to detail in his/their customer service. I was able to have my questions answered and was provided good information as to what I was looking for in my needs. I ordered a couple of the mag carriers with the canti-loops for two guns. So we'll see how they do when they arrive.

My long tale of my CDI experience.

I called CDI last Saturday, not knowing they were closed, and received a return courtesy call from Ian a couple hours later. It seems he saw my number on his caller ID and called me back when he had a chance. Needless to say, I was impressed with that alone. He could've said "oh well, they'll call back Monday." In our conversation he asked where I heard about CDI and I mentioned pistol-training and pistol-forum. He responded, "You're looking at the AIWB Pardus, right?" Ian is a mind reader. Ian was kind enough to set up an account for me and walk me through my order. I asked about turn around for my order, a black Pardus for a HK P30, and he replied about 25 days. I was blown away considering my last Raven order and my precious CCC Shaggy torturous wait time. 25 days...that's like tomorrow! Then Ian asked if I was dead set on black and explained they literally just completed a run of 30 or so P30 holsters and a customer changed their order from OD to black, so an OD Pardus was just "there" waiting for someone to scoop up. And scoop it up I did. I was stoked. The holster arrived on Wednesday.

I've been using it around the house, dry, with my new P30. The new P30 is a self-gift due to a promotion at work and I haven't had the chance to get to the range yet. My expereince with AIWB started about a year ago with Raven products, a Comp-Tac 2 oclock, a CCC Shaggy, and this CDI.

I like the CDI. It's quite comfy. There is positive engagement when hosltering the pistol and I can get a full grip while my pistol is holstered. The hoslter doesn't quite have the sweet spot that my Shaggy has but time may help me find that spot. The only gripe I have is that the butt of my pistol sticks out a bit more than my Sig 229/Shaggy combo. Wearing just a t-shirt my pistol prints much more obviously but under a secondary cover garment, like a polo/button up/jacket, it disappears. I would much rather have a solid kydex loop or over hooks vs. the pull dot loops but I'm not so sure that's an option. I'm going to wait until I get some time with it before I make my mind up. Five days of wearing it around the house is not a fair critique. I'll post up a review in the future.

CDI's customer service is outstanding. From my experience, I think they would bend over backwards to make the customer happy and that's rare nowadays. I hate to call and bother asking too many questions but Ian made it clear that's what they are there for.

P.S. - If the guy or gal who changed their order from an OD HK P30 Pardus to a black one is out there, thanks I owe you one!

I have been discussing the appendix holster set up with Ian and I'm very impressed with the level of customer service provided. No rush, no pressure and a good attitude
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

User Tag List