Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cane and Derby

I received my 7/7/11 order from them on 09/09/11 and I'm very pleased overall with the construction of this holster, unfortunately the M&P 9c Pardus holster does not work well for my IWB wise but I'm actually carrying it under an untucked polo OWB at 3:00 with much success. I emailed them about the holster not working for me and my gut and Ian indicated that a Full Size version of the holster will provide greater leverage and they will send me the body at no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I received my 7/7/11 order from them on 09/09/11 ....
    I expect this will be noticed by some folks that ordered prior to July and are still waiting.

Maybe they had a large order?

FYI- I received my 7/26 order on 9/9 as well.

When I spoke with their customer service a few weeks ago I was told that a "large order" of appendix-carry holsters had been completed and mine was part of that lot. I inferred that they are doing runs of a particular type of holster and shipping them so that may explain the overlap in order dates vs delivery dates.

Regardind the holster it works great so far. It is my first AIWB holster and it has converted me. Previously I had carried a C-TAC and later a M-TAC at 3:00. The switch back to all-kydex is refreshing after having put up with the downsides of the hybrid holster for 2 years. AIWB has made wearing only a t-shirt a real possibility. Overall I am sold on the improved conceal-ability of the position along with faster draws. What I'm not 100% sold on is the large lump in the holster near the muzzle. I understand its purpose but I feel that for my body type it may need to be reformed for maximum comfort.
    Of course reduce some of the extra meat around my waist might help as well... I'm 5'11" and a "soft" 185 lbs.

My experience is about the same as littlejerry's. Ordered 7/7 and received 9/6, also got the impression that they had a bunch going out (I think they had been waiting on a bunch of hardware). As mentioned it's very well made.
    In my limited use so far the lower ride height is more comfortable but makes establishing the grip problematic, and digs in some "down there". The higher setting makes for a better initial grip but tends to poke the gun into my gut (working hard to reduce that). Also the wedge isn't providing quite as much "tuck" as I'd like, though that may also be due to the gut, or belt tightness, or something else. In the lower ride height the bump at the bottom is a little uncomfortable but not bad at the higher setting.
    So at the moment more wedge and a ride height between the two settings would seem to be what I need, but since this is my first go at AIWB there's a lot of tweaking to be done before I know for sure. One thing I've noticed is that my tendency to slouch while sitting makes for discomfort so I need to work on that. Should have a Shaggy soon to compare to and help figure out what works.
    Can anyone say if the Shaggy rides higher or lower than the Pardus?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I didn't really compare ride height when I had both here but for me the Shaggy is much more concealable. Pretty much found the C&D pretty unusable even though the fit and finish were very good. AIWB is so body type dependent though that what doesn't work for me may very well work for you.

Ian's a good guy, if you find it doesn't work for you he will make it right with no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I didn't really compare ride height when I had both here but for me the Shaggy is much more concealable. Pretty much found the C&D pretty unusable even though the fit and finish were very good. AIWB is so body type dependent though that what doesn't work for me may very well work for you.

Ian's a good guy, if you find it doesn't work for you he will make it right with no argument.
    Thanks John. Lots of experimenting ahead but I may very well have Ian tweak the holster for me if it seems worth it. I really do like the appendix position so far, just have to make it work.

AIWB does seem much more user/holster specific. I have the opposite experience of JohnN. I found the Shaggy unusable but the C&D almost perfect for concealment & comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    AIWB does seem much more user/holster specific. I have the opposite experience of JohnN. I found the Shaggy unusable but the C&D almost perfect for concealment & comfort.
    That's exactly why it is so difficult to recommend Appendix holsters over the internet with out knowing someones general body type. Even then it is a crap shoot whether it will work adequately.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I orderd in mid to late July and haven't received my order quite yet. Communication has been great with CDI, but I don't ever remember being quoted a two month wait time. I think at the time I placed the order it was a month or so. Not a biggie, as I'm in no rush for the gear....just patiently waiting.

User Tag List