Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I mangled the rear dovetail on my glock.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I wouldn't even worry about that. Seriously, rub some dirt in it and walk it off.

(I heard "mangled" and was expecting... oh, I don't know... a catastrophe caused by a hammer and misplaced attempt at staking or something...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I wouldn't even worry about that. Seriously, rub some dirt in it and walk it off.

(I heard "mangled" and was expecting... oh, I don't know... a catastrophe caused by a hammer and misplaced attempt at staking or something...)
    Huh you guys must be pretty jaded when it comes to wounds to guns.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Dude, I'd shrug that off if I did it to a Wilson.

Okay, that's not true. I would kick myself for being sloppy and I would grit my teeth and shake my head at my own failings, and my wife would come in and explain that despite my failure to install a sight correctly, I'm still a decent human being, which I would then deny and tell her how much a Wilson costs. Then she'd say that one day, I'd be so successful that I could buy ten of them. I would then tell her that my lack of attention to detail is exactly why I WON'T be that successful, and I would sit on the edge of the bed and stare at the wall for about half an hour, thinking about all the times I've failed to do my taxes properly, and everything I've spent money on that I didn't get much use out of, and all the projects I've started and never finished.

Then, after maybe an hour or two, I'd accept it, move on, shoot it for two years and wear the finish down so much that the tiny dings around the rear dovetail would be the least noticeable flaws on the entire gun. And I would end up deciding that my cavalier attitude towards an expensive gun was just part of my charm.

On a Glock though...that's nothing. It'll fade in to the distant past by the time you get 10,000 through it. Really, don't worry about it. When you have the sight in, will it be visible at all?
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    You have no idea.

Seriously, though, I once toyed with the idea of selling custom 1911s with pre-worn finishes... you know, like stone-washed jeans... It'd help avoid the "Minnie Pearl Gun" look.

+1, I thought the same thing.

Thanks everyone I put some sharpie on it and went back to figuring out why i dislike my 10-8 front sight.

Thanks everyone I put some sharpie on it and went back to figuring out why i dislike my 10-8 front sight.

Think of it like the first little ding in a new car; the worry's over and now you can just shoot the whee out of it.

Think of it like the first little ding in a new car; the worry's over and now you can just shoot the whee out of it.
    It's a Glock, Wheee!TM not included.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

It's a Glock. Bondo for the frame, JB Weld for the slide.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List