Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Bad Gunstore Advice

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Only three?
    Yep. He might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's by far not the dullest.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    That poor bastard that gets tricked into buying a subcompact .40 as his first gun

Any gunstore clerk that does this is an asswipe honestly.
    I'm going to mostly agree, depending on the person. If they're of stout physical character then it might not be the worst choice, if it's what they want.

It really is quite a conundrum to find the right single firearm for people who aren't going to be frequent shooters.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I was so sure my girlfriend would enjoy a midsize poly 9mm, and have continued to be mystified as she not only loves, but excels with, my Ruger GP100 and full-house .357 loads (she finds .38 Special loads "boring").

Moral of the story that I wish I could scream at every gun counter in the country: Girls are people. Let them pick the thing they want like people do.
    Yep. My wife prefers K-frame and up .357 revolvers, and she does pretty well with them.

I'm waiting for the day some guy behind the counter tries to sell her on a tiny pink pistol. She grew up in NYC and can be a little direct sometimes...
    Last edited by Salamander; 03-17-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Even knowing my girlfriend liked my revolver, I still grabbed her a Smith SD9VE on a lark thinking she would like it.

We both do not enjoy it. It seems nearly impossible to sell or trade as well. Nothing WRONG with it per se, it works, it's just that I own much nicer and more fun guns to shoot.

I will never make the mistake of buying someone else a gun unless they specifically asked for that model again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Heh.

I know a guy who bought his wife three different guns in "gee, I think this is the gun you ought to have" mode. Finally, he wised up.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Heh.

I know a guy who bought his wife three different guns in "gee, I think this is the gun you ought to have" mode. Finally, he wised up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Only three?
    Yep. He might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's by far not the dullest.
    If he'd been a little sharper, he could have made it four before she wised up
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    My wife's gun is a S&W 457, which is a somewhat compact lightweight .45 that I had converted from DA to DAO and tuned by the Performance Center a long time ago. Now, I'm pretty sure she would actually enjoy shooting a modern striker-fired 9mm pistol more and perhaps perform better with it. But she likes her gun in its simplicity -- plus it has always been reliable -- so who am I to tell her she has to change?

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The "Little Pistol for the Little Lady" is the myth I want the most to die
    ^THIS

I was at a store and my wife was looking at guns. Since we got married and her being funsized she wanted a gun she could shoot that wasn't DA/SA. Gun store worker who was derptastic (no shit open carrying with an empty chamber). Anyways the exchange goes like this.

Gunstore Drone: Can I help you Ma'am?

Wife: No thanks just looking at some 9mm guns

Gunstore Drone: What about this (insert tiny 9mm) so you can keep it in your purse, or a revolver if you can't rack the slide?

Wife: I want a full size or compact doublestack I can get a full grip on and I can dress around it or my husband can.

Gunstore Drone: I sell these (some tiny tiffany blue gun) to women all the time and you should get one too! Don't look at doublestack guns they're had to conceal.

Wife: Do I look like a hooker?

Gunstore Drone: ....

Wife: Then stop recommending hooker guns to me! I told you what options I'm considering.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If he'd been a little sharper, he could have made it four before she wised up
    Well, no. She made him trade the old gun in each time. They've been married for a long time and she didn't just fall off of the turnip truck.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Well, no. She made him trade the old gun in each time. They've been married for a long time and she didn't just fall off of the turnip truck.
    Ha! He should be grateful that he was blessed with a patient and forgiving wife
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Banned
    The post about the primers epoxied into the tips of hollow points reminds me of a guy who told me he only carried the Evil, Nuclear Tipped Black Talon round that was designed to EXPLODE on impact

User Tag List