Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: anatomy of a lounge-around gun

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bumped per HCM's suggestion - seems like given how many of us are spending extra time at home, it's not a bad idea to resuscitate.

I've actually gone back to the 442 for my lounge around gun. Much lighter than the single stack 9mms (I sold the Shield I mentioned in the 2nd post of this thread a while ago) and there is something I really love about the J frame that is hard to put my finger on.

Im still deeply in like with the Colt Agent 38 from the mid 80s as a general carry around gun. It fits in jeans and Carhartt front pockets fairly well, and I came into an old Lawrence No7 shoulder holster for it (the spring clip type) for times I may not be wearing anything more than lounge around clothes, or have to step out to feed birds and such in the yard.

I loaded up some 38 Short Colt loads, I should go shoot it a bit.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    I use 642 in an iwb holster. I have two Shields with the same holster. The 642 is more comfortable. Wearing the J frame is more convenient than taking it on and off to go outside or on an errand. I'm searching for an iwb holster for my LCR with which I spent much of the summer shooting seed pod blooms off of sunflower plants. The LCR is more fool proof than a J. One reason is that the ham fisted and other incompetents are less likely to tinker with it. Everybody needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Im still deeply in like with the Colt Agent 38 from the mid 80s as a general carry around gun.
    Me too, working from the home office today and it drew the call...

Name:  colt agent Oct 2020.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  36.8 KB

I keep finding myself thinking of the LCP 22 as filling this role quite nicely. Haven’t bought one but keep thinking about it.

Site Supporter
    Name:  422BE86E-0607-4C28-9CFF-114F0BF67AEC.jpeg
Views: 607
Size:  80.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Bumped per HCM's suggestion - seems like given how many of us are spending extra time at home, it's not a bad idea to resuscitate.

I've actually gone back to the 442 for my lounge around gun. Much lighter than the single stack 9mms (I sold the Shield I mentioned in the 2nd post of this thread a while ago) and there is something I really love about the J frame that is hard to put my finger on.
    Being that my post and that pic motivated HCM to suggest warming this zombie again (I’d forgotten that it was originally a 2013 thread), here’s my pic again.

Just got home from the dentist. 642 rode with me there and back, and now I’m WFH flat on my back waiting for the bleeding to stop. 642 is no frills, sure, and can be less fun to shoot, but it’s also painless to actually carry it, anywhere I need it, and if I’m careful about what I stuff the cylinder with, shooting it is okay, too.

Practical.

And it doesn't pull your pants down...at 17 ounces loaded.

Name:  642 scale.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  40.9 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I keep finding myself thinking of the LCP 22 as filling this role quite nicely. Haven’t bought one but keep thinking about it.
    You will not regret it, love mine and plan to add one in .32 at some point.

Name:  4F0A849C-DAD8-44A3-A47D-39EB045E68A0.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  103.7 KB

I have a couple of LCR’s one in 327 other in 357 both good options

Are there any Hip grip or Clip grip type stocks that angle the gun muzzle forward to make it more comfortable for AIWB?

User Tag List