Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: anatomy of a lounge-around gun

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Usually one Malinois is more than enough dog for any dog owner I remember hearing a very Malinois specific command used by Todd and thinking "I say that all of the time to my Mal." The command was "relax"
    Reminds me of a cop K9 forum comparing GSDs to Mals. GSDs were strong-willed and could be devious....Mals are fur-covered chainsaws on meth!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Usually one Malinois is more than enough dog for any dog owner I remember hearing a very Malinois specific command used by Todd and thinking "I say that all of the time to my Mal." The command was "relax"
    I appreciate Mals. I love ridgies. Something about a dog that climbs trees and fights lions just gives me the vapors!
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

My wife has been reading a number of war dog books lately, and the training and personality of successful war dogs is fascinating. Our Vizsla, for example, has almost every quality of a great war dog except she wouldn't bite any one or anything. Seems like successful war dogs really do enjoy biting.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife has been reading a number of war dog books lately, and the training and personality of successful war dogs is fascinating. Our Vizsla, for example, has almost every quality of a great war dog except she wouldn't bite any one or anything. Seems like successful war dogs really do enjoy biting.
    Here's a great example of a dog that enjoys biting, but is not aggressive -- he's very relaxed. It's all a game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzn_ylrKJbI

Used my lounge around gun this weekend.
    Took a roadtrip to Albuquerque for Grapplefest.
    Finally made it to the hotel room around 9:30pm.
    Showered, put on some shorts and laid down to read on my Kindle.
    Wife calls from the bathroom... "I forgot my toiletries bag in the car".
    No problem.
    Throw on a T-shirt and some sandals, slip the Clip-Grip'd J-frame into my waistband at 1 o'clock and my Surefire Aviator in at 10 o'clock and trot down to the parking lot of the hotel to grab her bag.
    Didn't have to put back on pants, belt and holster up for a 5 minute trot to the car.
    Didn't have to run down there unarmed.

It's good to have options.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Sandals are more dangerous than being "under-gunned".
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Options are good.

So are Belgium Malinois. My oldest son has two puppies right now. His home is now destroyed. One of my friends had a Mal for a working dog. I was able to assist and handle him for several drug busts at my part time gig. I might well end up with one of my son's pair. Looking forward to it. Maybe.

I will admit I left my lounge around 638 at home for my current road trip. Will make do with my PM9.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Sandals are more dangerous than being "under-gunned".
    Heck, I almost got a FAST coin wearing sandals.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by FotoTomas View Post
    So are Belgium Malinois. My oldest son has two puppies right now. His home is now destroyed.
    Well duh.

Freyja, at 7wk old, learned to climb up vertical baby gates or even cardboard boxes. We couldn't keep her in one place with anything less than an actual cage.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Heck, I almost got a FAST coin wearing sandals.
    Or maybe you didn't get one because of the sandals...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Or maybe you didn't get one because of the sandals...
    Lack of traction wasn't my main malfunction.

User Tag List