anatomy of a lounge-around gun

I think i've finally perfected the "lounge around the house in shorts" gun:
    S&W 360 Scandium J-frame.
    Bobbed the hammer and gutted the lock.
    Apex duty trigger spring kit.
    XS tritium front sight.
    DeSantis "Clip-Grip" grips.
    5 rounds of Cor-Bon DPX .38spcl. JHP.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Very nice. How does the clip grip work as far as tucking? My Dark Star AIWB is great but I need to have the belt snugged up.
    Taking a break from social media.

The Clip-Grip works great for what it is.
    I'm sitting here with it AIWB and no belt required, grip is tucked in solid.
    I wouldn't trust it to remain in place during a full ECQC evolution or street fight without a belt, but for lounging around it's great.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Thanks, your post just cost me money.
    Taking a break from social media.

Before buying the Clip-Grips I was using a Clip-Draw.
    This is a much better setup IMO.
    I never did like how close the Clip-Draw was to the cylinder, it also interfered with getting a good trigger finger index.

I looks like a nice grip. I've got an old Barami grip clip for J frames and it carries well but sure isn't much to hold onto. Neat J frame there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have the same grips on my old 642-1 now that it is also basically a "lounge-around gun" as you put it. They work well as you said for this type of use. If I had a Raven VG2 for a J-frame I would probably go with CT grips and be even happier, but the Clip Grips work fine and as you said even work without a belt for real laid-back lounging. The Clip Grips also solve the old issue of needing a Tyler T-grip with a Barami. Great product, especially for the dinero IMHO.

I absolutely get the value of a J frame for pocket carry in a NPE situation or as a BUG.

That said, I think carrying a J frame because it is comfortable, when comfort or effort is the only thing preventing you from carrying a real pistol, is a very slippery slope. Even though I have a lot of experience shooting revolvers, mostly big bore ones, I can't thing of any real shooting scenario where I would not feel seriously compromised with a 5 shot J frame.

If laying on the couch in basketball shorts while "only" carrying a j-frame is a slippery slope... well I'll just have to live in tactical shame.
    Maybe if I added a velcro morale patch to my PJ's I can rejoin the cool crowd that keeps a spare gun (and mags of course) in the shower and carries 3 full size guns 25/8/366 because one is none and three is two... or something cool like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Jody, assuming you actually needed a handgun, is there any scenario where you would think "I sure am glad I have the J frame on today instead of the P2000 or 2000SK?"

User Tag List