Thread: Sweaty Hands

Sweaty Hands

I am shooting in a humid climate and am wondering if there is something I can put on my hands to get a better grip. My department issued pistol is an M&P 40 and I can't stipple it as of now. I have used a tree sap type product, but it didn't work very well. Any other products or ideas?

What about using something like Talon Grips? Maybe Tru Grips made for the M&P?

Look for Pro-Grip, but it is more for a range session, and not something you would put on your hands at the start of a shift (IMO anyway).

Skateboard tape might do the trick for you.

3M Ladder tape

Very good, coarse and sticky (adhesive side) stuff. I like it because it is a polyurethane tape and you can file it down to the texture that you want, I find it a bit too coarse without filing (especially on the edges).

Also I find that several smaller pieces adhere better than one large piece, ymmv. I've put 3M ladder tape on all of my polymer pistols that are not stippled and it works great.

GU
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

3M tape for sure. $4.99 will give you enough to do an entire safe.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    What about using something like Talon Grips? Maybe Tru Grips made for the M&P?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Skateboard tape might do the trick for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket20_Ginsu View Post
    3M Ladder tape

Very good, coarse and sticky (adhesive side) stuff. I like it because it is a polyurethane tape and you can file it down to the texture that you want, I find it a bit too coarse without filing (especially on the edges).

Also I find that several smaller pieces adhere better than one large piece, ymmv. I've put 3M ladder tape on all of my polymer pistols that are not stippled and it works great.

GU
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    3M tape for sure. $4.99 will give you enough to do an entire safe.
    As of right now, I can't do any modifications including adding anything to the pistol. We have to carry off duty, essentially what we carry on-duty (except the tac light). So I practice the way I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Look for Pro-Grip, but it is more for a range session, and not something you would put on your hands at the start of a shift (IMO anyway).
    Thanks. I have heard of Pro-Grip, but I couldn't remember the name and internet seaches were not helpful. I will give them a try. Are there any other brands to look at?

User Tag List