Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mag pouch/arrangement solutions for PF courses...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I'll leave Todd to answer the round count question, but I've found both Ready Tactical and Custom Carry Concepts to make the best kydex single mag reload pouches.
    I use 3 of the Ready Tac singles and they're great for what they are. My only complaint is they tend to slide around on the belt a little bit between drills. You quickly get in the habit of restacking them before every drill or stage. But I love the easy on and off, and the price was nice enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dravz View Post
    I use 3 of the Ready Tac singles and they're great for what they are. My only complaint is they tend to slide around on the belt a little bit between drills. You quickly get in the habit of restacking them before every drill or stage. But I love the easy on and off, and the price was nice enough.
    Try adding a small piece of velcro loop to the back of your mag pouch. It will create a slight amount of friction between your pouch and your clothes and keep it from moving around. You can buy sticky back velcro in small quantities from Walmart in the sewing section.

I mentioned them in my first post but upon re-reading this thread I saw a question asking for a rec on a good, inexpensive single pouch.

http://www.kytexgear.com/

Kytex Shooting Gear is a F'ing steal at $12. Shipping is generally not more than couple of dollars. I have a couple of GLOCK pouches and a couple of 1911 pouches and just sent him an HK P30 mag so he could make me a couple for it too. Yes, he will soon be able to make HK P30 mag pouches. I am guessing it will be on his site soon as an order option.

After using these in a couple of classes now, on the range, in some matches, and for occasional EDC ... I actually prefer this style of pouch. I simply love the compact size and the ride height. They are plenty secure on my belt and retain the mags well.

Notable: he makes them by default for 1.75" belts but will do them for 1.5" if you request it. Personally, I've just stuck with the default and use them on a 1.5" belt but if you find they move around on you try TAP's velcro tip.

I've found the easier the pouch is to get on/off, the easier it is to conceal, the more comfortable it is ... the more likely I am to grab and go. Surely, we all see the need to carry at least one extra mag, right? With this compact style I can carry 2 in the same space as a single from most other makers. YMMV.

I am a big believer in using your competition gear in classes. So if I'm tuning up for an IDPA season (like I'm doing this weekend) then I'll run my IDPA rig, which is two Blackhawk pouches. I'll carry the rest of the mags (and it'll be a lot because I'm shooting CDP) in the 12,000 pockets on my Woolrich pants.

I strongly prefer to "train like you fight". This means to me, IŽll use my ccw or duty setup and place the additional mag and some loose ammo in my cargo pockets.
    If someone only do competition, so thats, of course, the way to go.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I mentioned them in my first post but upon re-reading this thread I saw a question asking for a rec on a good, inexpensive single pouch.

http://www.kytexgear.com/

Kytex Shooting Gear is a F'ing steal at $12.
    Well holy crap

User Tag List