Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So you're an instructor, hm?

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    OK, that is a very different picture than the original..."Unfortunatly many of those individuals are quite displeased that they have to spend THEIR time off learning about STUPID tactics and wasting valuable sleep/beer drinking time with punching holes in cardboard AND then having to CLEAN the pistol."
    Poor selection and choice of words on my part. Sorry. They get most upset when their day off gets swapped for a training day. They still get the day off either earlier or later in the pay period.

Quote Originally Posted by FotoTomas View Post
    Poor selection and choice of words on my part. Sorry. They get most upset when their day off gets swapped for a training day. They still get the day off either earlier or later in the pay period.
    That clears it up a bit. Heck, I LIKE to shoot and I might get a little bent if I had to take my off-time for quals.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

A lot of the discussion about training in this thread is related to local agencies, but how is it with federal agencies? For example, how many training opportunities are available to an FBI Special Agent or a similar position?

Quote Originally Posted by frady2001 View Post
    A lot of the discussion about training in this thread is related to local agencies, but how is it with federal agencies? For example, how many training opportunities are available to an FBI Special Agent or a similar position?
    There are more than 100 unique federal LE agencies that have unique training programs for their specific circumstance. Off the top of my head...Mint Police, Postal Police, Postal Inspectors, Treasury Police, Supreme Court Police, Capitol Police, Smithsonian Police, National Cathedral Police, Veterans Affairs Police, FBI Police, Secret Service, Uniformed Secret Service, FBI, DEA, U.S. Marshalls, Interior LE Rangers, Agriculture/Forest Service LE Rangers, US Park Police, IRS police, IRS Special Agents, Treasury Agents, BATFE special agents under Homeland Security which now has the old GSA Federal Protective Service Police, FEMA Police, Tennessee Valley Authority Police, BIA Indian Police, Various Tribal Police agencies, Office of Inspector General special agents for each Branch and agency, and on and on and on...

Sorry...that did not help much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    At least one trainer has told us that he requires all of his students to sign a waiver:
    a.) affirming that they will not post anything disparaging (about him, or the class, or his school) on the internet, and;
    b.) cautioning them that they may face a lawsuit in the event that they post anything disparaging (about him, or the class, or his school) on the internet.

That might skew the data just a teensy bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    ...That to me is a clue that I don't want to take the class.
    I agree. However...

Re-reading this thread, six years later, I cannot recall who it was that I was talking about. I've not a clue.

Mental note: when posting, be sure to include enough information so that you (at least) will know what you meant.

User Tag List