Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Women in IOC: I've taught girls more aggressive than some boys, but....

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    One of the female former officers leading this charge could move her svelte 120 lb body across the Ironman faster than many men. So what? That does not equal sustained ground combat operations. Females already suffer a dramatically higher rate of ortho injuries in sports than males. Sustained ground combat operations is tearing up the joints, vertebrae and disks of males.
    This is what Capt. Katie Petronio was talking about in the article I posted. In addition to the ortho injuries, there's also a whole slew of hormonal problems for women placed under that workload.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Does adding females to these ground units make them more effective at accomplishing their mission? No. Simple.
    In conventional warfare, true; human terrain operations in countries with sensitivities about male>woman contact, not so much. Female Engagement Teams have been pretty important in contemporary operations. Petronio gets to this point as well, and posits a secondary 03xx MOS designator for female Marines to have more FET/infantry specific training, though not be permanently assigned to an infantry unit.

She's probably the most reasoned person I've ever read on the subject.

BTW, what happened to your hand? Ya get shot?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Female Engagement Teams have been pretty important in contemporary operations.
    FET=Facebook Engagement Team

Taking a bunch of POG females from the group or wing, giving them about 6 months of mediocre training, then expecting them to do some MISO is not a recipe for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Keydet08 View Post
    FET=Facebook Engagement Team

Taking a bunch of POG females from the group or wing, giving them about 6 months of mediocre training, then expecting them to do some MISO is not a recipe for success.
    So is your disagreement with the efficacy of MISO, mediocre training, or the POG females?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    So is your disagreement with the efficacy of MISO, mediocre training, or the POG females?
    My disagreement is with the whole program, and my opinion comes from firsthand experience trying to employ them at the infantry BN level in Afg.

User Tag List