Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Carbine Association

I am interested but the website is as vague as your post.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Great news! This must be the new org that wants to advance and expand 2 gun competition (vs 3 gun). There seems to be a fair number of shooters (incl me) that express more interest in shooting and competing pistol-carbine than pistol-carbine-shotgun. That is all.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post

There is a group called the US Carbine Association. They have a web page. Here's the link:

http://www.uscarbineassociation.com/

Better?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Most of the content is on Facebook currently.

I guess my question is, "Why?"

Any club with a mind to, can run a two-gun match under existing USPSA, IDPA, or 3GN rules. Why do we need yet another rule set?
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I kinda like their FTN rule:

"Shooter will receive a Failure to Neutralize (FTN) [5 second procedural penalty] if the shooter fails to [have 1 shot in the 0 second penalty zone and one in either the 1 or 3 second penalty zone ] OR [2 shots in the 1 second penalty zone]"

These are great matches that are focused on skill sets that most soldiers, LE, and civilians could use. Been to four matches and since I do not carry a shotgun unless opening doors. Rules are not restrictive like in 3 gun and many pistol matches nor does it cater to the slicked out rifle or comp guns.

But again, we run into people trying to keep things "competitive" by placing rules on equipment......and contradicting themselves in the process.

MilLe Division (Military & Law Enforcement)
    Having often seen Military and Law Enforcement use competition only equipment, instead of their duty rig, to
    stay competitive in 2 gun matches we wanted to create a division to that allows them show up and run their
    work gear and compete against other shooters whose primary focus is to train in gear they wear on the job and
    shoot guns they use in the field or on the streets.

MilLe Rifle
    • Sling must be used
    • Functioning light is allowed and encouraged on both the rifle and pistol. If the light is tested and will not
    turn on competitor will be given the chance to insert batteries to make it work. Lights will not be made
    heavier than factory weight
    • One fixed magnification optic allowed on rifle with one set of Iron Sights. Piggy back optics NOT allowed
    • 30+1 rounds maximum
    • Lasers both Visible and IR allowed on rifle
    • No low mass bolt carriers on rifles

But my none of my long guns fit into the box they have built, in the category claiming to cater to my professional gear. So why would I shoot that match vs. any other match where I will have to cater my gear to fit into the box they have created........?

I want to shoot one of these matches with my 870.

User Tag List