Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So i tried the Ball and Dummy drill today..

Update today: Went to the range and did some work on my trigger control. I did ball and dummy and when i got a bad pull on a dummy round i did 10 dry fires. I'd have to say this cleaned up and centered my groups really well. I did this for about 50 rounds loading 2 snap caps per 5 live rounds. I'm still pushing forward, but not nearly as bad as before. Only when i speed up did i start losing it. So i kept things slow and worked on getting the best trigger pull each time. I actually ended up hitting a little high most of the time. I'm going to chalk some of this up to my junk stock sights but its i'm going to work on as well.

Site Supporter
    Noob question: the term "ball and dummy drill" refers to the ammo assortment used in the drill? Magazine gets partially loaded with "ball" (FMJ) and partially loaded with "dummy" (snap caps) rounds?

I'm encountering a lot of new terminology when reading about drills, practice, and training.

Quote Originally Posted by cosine View Post
    Noob question: the term "ball and dummy drill" refers to the ammo assortment used in the drill? Magazine gets partially loaded with "ball" (FMJ) and partially loaded with "dummy" (snap caps) rounds?

I'm encountering a lot of new terminology when reading about drills, practice, and training.
    Ball doesn't necessary mean "Ball" ammo in this case. Just live rounds. And your right dummy is snap caps.

User Tag List