Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The VA is Worthless

Summary of Allegations against Trump’s nominee to head the VA and current White House Physician, Rear Adm. Jackson.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3774...ons#from_embed

The allegations range from diversion of controlled substances (felonies) and drunk on duty, to being an overall douche to subordinates. Why am I not surprised that he rose through the Medical Corps ranks so fast...?

Allegedly, he was over-prescribing and diverting narcotics to other members of the WH Staff. I suppose that it’s possible that the Deep State saw this guy as the best way to get rid of Trump ::roll eyes::

Only the best people...
    Last edited by Sensei; 04-25-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    One of my former soldiers had deep psychological issues and was discharged from the Army pre-deployment. Despite the fact this kid was recycled through AIT numerous times, the VA claimed that it was a condition prior to his enlistment and thus they simply discharged him from the hospital and sealed his record. A few years later I received a call from the Federal Police at DLI stating that he had been living on base, homeless, and using his ID card (which apparently the Hospital didn't bother to collect) to obtain chow every morning. Apparently his uniform was so disheveled that people started asking questions. At that point my Commander was able to get the JAG involved and the VA relented to getting the guy some help. They eventually disclosed to me the reason for his discharge - Paranoid Schizophrenia, mostly just to let me know that he probably wouldn't be treatable since once out of the hospital he would stop taking his meds. This is a guy who I gave a fully loaded M9 and M16 to. I had several other dealings with the VA on behalf of my soldiers and they were worse than any insurance company I have ever had to deal with on my own behalf. I have no doubt in my mind that if/when single payer healthcare is forced on this country it will make the VA look like the model of efficiency and humanity. Add to that - the inhumane asinine buffoonery that is befalling Britian's health care system and I really fear what is to come.

Its a failed system from the get go. I don’t think the military should give benefits to anyone for the rest of their who’s been hurt during their active duty time unless it’s combat related (directly related to enemy action) or some safety issue that was blatantly jacked up. I’ve known folks that are getting 80% plus for life because of some really run of the mill injuries that would happen if you worked at Walley World. It’s called serving because your giving yourself to your country with the understanding that your probably not going to be the same physically coming out as you were going in.

Disabled vet doesn’t mean much anymore...
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 04-26-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    llegedly, he was over-prescribing and diverting narcotics to other members of the WH Staff.
    The explanation was that, on transcontinental flights where staff would have to be on their toes as soon as they arrived (i.e., summits in Europe or Tokyo) he would administer a sleep aid that was tailored to their metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    ...I received a call from the Federal Police at DLI stating that he had been living on base, homeless, and using his ID card (which apparently the Hospital didn't bother to collect) to obtain chow every morning. Apparently his uniform was so disheveled that people started asking questions... Paranoid Schizophrenia....
    1) I think I may have heard about this at the time...
    2) Paranoid Schizophrenia... So he fit right in at DLI, then. (That's a "Monterey Mary" joke.)
    3) In the immortal words of Chuck Ziegenfuss, anyone who wants single payer should have to enroll in DEERS for a year or two, then deal with the VA.
    Last edited by Drang; 04-26-2018 at 01:31 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    The explanation was that, on transcontinental flights where staff would have to be on their toes as soon as they arrived (i.e., summits in Europe or Tokyo) he would administer a sleep aid that was tailored to their metabolism.
    That doesn’t even begin to explain stuff like this:

For example, missing Percocet (used for pain) tabs once threw WHMU into a panic. It turned out Jackson had provided a large supply to a White House Military Office (WHMO) staffer. Jackson also had private stocks of controlled substances.

I’m not saying that it’s true, and some of what’s alleged sounds like it comes out of the Disciplinary Actions Section of my state’s quarterly Medical Board News Letter. However, if he was over prescribing, diverting, or practicing while impaired, then his license should be suspended. On the other hand, if he’s only guilty of creating a hostile work environment, then he should be allowed to compete a residency in general surgery or OB/GYN.
    Last edited by Sensei; 04-26-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I went to the VA yesterday to get help with PTSD. I just wanted to talk with someone, get some counseling. So, I went into the OIF/OEF Clinic to set up an appointment. The receptionist responded by asking me how Tues was.....at 1300.....on June 25th. I almost burst out laughing. 3 month wait to get a 30min appt. just to talk to somebody. Unbelievable!
    Politics aside, I understood that vets who couldn't wait for an appointment or couldn't get to a center easily had an option to get help outside the VA system. I know I received a letter from the VA about that. I don't know how long is too long or how far is too far away. Personally, I'd call back and ask for a patient advisor and discuss outside options. Sometimes they don't mention these tings until you ask about them.
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 04-26-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Site Supporter
    A now retired physician friend told me that the VA hired him to work part time so the full time docs could take more coffee breaks. If the VA is similar to other government agencies, it may be that many of their employees move real slow as they go through their daily tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A now retired physician friend told me that the VA hired him to work part time so the full time docs could take more coffee breaks. If the VA is similar to other government agencies, it may be that many of their employees move real slow as they go through their daily tasks.
    There is a joke out there about the differences between a VA nurse and a bullet:

1) You can fire a bullet.
    2) A bullet will draw blood.
    3) A bullet will only kill 1 person.

Disband the VA and give the vets their own insurance to use on the free market.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Summary of Allegations against Trump’s nominee to head the VA and current White House Physician, Rear Adm. Jackson.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3774...ons#from_embed

The allegations range from diversion of controlled substances (felonies) and drunk on duty, to being an overall douche to subordinates. Why am I not surprised that he rose through the Medical Corps ranks so fast...?

Allegedly, he was over-prescribing and diverting narcotics to other members of the WH Staff. I suppose that it’s possible that the Deep State saw this guy as the best way to get rid of Trump ::roll eyes::

Only the best people...
    Except there's no evidence of any of this except the usual anonymous sources dug up by a biased politician and an IG report that cited personality conflicts in the command structure. He was still possibly unqualified for the job but we'll never find out.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-h...ick-1524880246
    Last edited by modrecoil; 04-28-2018 at 08:46 AM.

User Tag List