Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 0r 2 eyes open

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    In the past I would shoot 1 eye open, but now I'm working on shooting both eyes open. I can't remember what turned the lightbulb on, but I'm glad it did.
    That was back on 04-20-2011. Now if I close one eye it feels weird and foreign.
    I don't think it took seven months, but I did noticed it the other day when I was at the range.

I don't have any vision problems, aside from some minor near sightedness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I'm cross-dominant, and see only one blurry target. Possibly I'm mentally editing out the second?
    This is the problem I run into whenever I read "how to shoot with both eyes open" posts. I get that the target is supposed to be blurry. But that doesn't tell me which target when "blurry" turns into "two separate blurry images overlaid on top of each other."

The worst is when you're shooting something like Dot Torture, where the dots just sort of cross each other and it's impossible to tell which one you're actually aiming at.

I did some dry fire drills, and apparently the correct images to pick are the sights on the opposite side as your dominant eye, and the target on the same side as your dominant eye... talk about confusing! So in my case, I'm using the right sights to aim at the left target dot...

Which by the time I've sorted all of that out, I probably should have just closed by eye. It's only a problem for small or distant targets - I can see fine with two eyes to hit most IDPA size/ranged targets. But it means I shot bullseye with only one eye open, which everyone says is bad.

User Tag List