Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock Barrels

Site Supporter

Aftermarket Glock Barrels

Can you all enlighten me on aftermarket Glock barrels.

Are the drop-in ones worth it, or should I have one fitted (for an extra fee)?
    Are Jarvis and Barsto still top shelf choices?

FWIW: This is for a Gen3 19

For what purpose?

I thought the biggest reasons to need an aftermarket barrel were to shoot lead bullets or to shoot 9 major
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    shoot lead bullets or to shoot 9 major
    Both are possibilities.

I've had a few BarSto semi-drop in barrels in my Gen 3 G19s. The barrels all required quite a bit of fitting on the barrel hood but once they were in, they were unbelievable. I've shot consistent 5 shot groups under an inch at 25 yards with good ammo, a Deltapoint, and an improvised rest.

JV, I have a Briley barrel on my Gen 3 Glock 19. It is a "professional installation required" variety, not drop-in. It was installed by Briley themselves by request of a previous owner. Same owner had it checked on a Ransom test shooting five 10-round groups of 124 grain HST ammo, with average group size just over 3 inches, range between 2.6 and 3.6. I was told recently that Ransom is supposedly not that accurate for Glocks, but I forgot the logic, something to do with loose slide to frame fit.

Anyway, I have not been particularly impressed with it as far as added benefits are concerned. It is been 100% reliable coming to 9k rounds, but I am not getting any earth-shattering accuracy out of it off hand at 25 yards. Part of it is me being a mediocre shooter, but on occasion I've turned in respectable groups with all of my other pistols - 1911, P7, P30 with both 7.5 and 6 lbs triggers, but not Glock. I am also not getting much difference between Briley barrel and stock barrel. In fact, the best group out of this pistol (just under 2 inches) I shot with stock barrel; since it happened only once, I attributed it to chance.
    One positive thing I noticed is that Briley shoots different ammo - both brands and bullet weights - more consistently than stock barrel.

I guess this is not for adding a suppressor. So it doesn't matter that factory glock theaded barrels are becoming available... (aacblog doesn't work for me at work, so I can't get that direct link)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    I guess this is not for adding a suppressor.
    Right, I have no practical use for a pistol suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Right, I have no practical use for a pistol suppressor.
    no wife/children at home whose hearing you want to protect in case you have to defend them?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    no wife/children at home whose hearing you want to protect in case you have to defend them?
    I use the same gun for CCW and for 'nightstand' duty. The same model, sights, grip, etc. I have no plans to stuff a 4-6" suppressor down my pants. I'm also not interested in making the news with a tag line about using a 'silencer' during a self defense situation.

I dropped two (2) KKM bbls into a pair of G35s to convert them to 357SIG. Both were accurate and reiable w no fitting at all.
    Deja vu DVC: In archery we have three goals; to shoot accurately, to shoot powerfully, to shoot rapidly.
    - De Re Strategica of Syrianus Magister @525AD

User Tag List