Thread: CCC shaggy vs looper

CCC shaggy vs looper

could someone post some comparison pics of these two holsters? there is not much info out there on them. i am assuming the looper is what came out after the shaggy? i am in need of a AIWB holster and i decided to get a CDI PIC holster because the wait on them was only 2 weeks vs 6 weeks for the CCC. which do some of you prefer the looper or shaggy?

Site Supporter
    IME: For AIWB, the Shaggy is better because it offers more grip tuck and the belt loop is screwed on. The integrated loop of the Looper has been known to crack.

Pictures are located here:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ull=1#post1081

There are also a lot of opinions on those holsters in that thread, it's worth a read.

I've owned one Looper.

I own five Shaggy's.

There's really no reason to go with a Looper, as the Shaggy does everything a Looper does, only better.

The "loop" is the weak spot on the Looper, and mine separated from the holster in 2011, rendering both useless.

I've switched and am not going back.

Just my two kopecks.

I've used both for the same pistol. Used the Looper for about a year before I had my chance to get a Shaggy.

The Shaggy is 100% a better holster. Even not counting the longevity issues of the Looper, the Shaggy holds the grip tighter to the body, and I also found it slightly more comfortable as it's just a hair higher on the belt line. No question, go with the Shaggy.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I have had two Shaggy's and five Loopers......I still have the Loopers and gave the Shaggy's away. The Shaggy just does not work with my body shape--it looks like I am wearing a colostomy bag.

These days I primarily use the Fricke Seraphim for AIWB/IWB carry. I have also just started using the Keeper Concealment holsters and am VERY impressed.

The Looper is the lowest profile of these and I generally use them when wearing a suit or tuxedo.

I would give my Shaggy away to get my Looper back. TRUE STORY

We are diminished
    While I'm certainly biased, I still think the Looper is one of the best behind-the-hip IWB holsters out there. It's also very functional for AIWB with the one unfortunate problem being that it does, as mentioned above, break. The break occurs at the loop because the loop, which is part of the same piece of kydex that forms the holster body, is relied upon to put all the cant, yaw, and roll into the holster for concealment purposes. It does a very good job at this but at a cost of a lot of stress on a relatively small area of kydex that's been heat-molded.

If I was going back to behind-the-hip carry, I'd use a Looper. If someone could make "unbreakable kydex," I might go back to a Looper for AIWB. Since neither of those things is likely to happen...

Site Supporter
    Is the breakage issue one that could be addressed by preemptive replacement of the holster every so often?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Is the breakage issue one that could be addressed by preemptive replacement of the holster every so often?
    You'll never know when it's going to fail. I'm sure Rich wouldn't mind you buying another every 6 month's, just in case. I've used a Looper for 4 O'clock carry, and it's nice, but I don't see what advantage it would have over my Shaggy for AIWB.

User Tag List