Page 95 of 323 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Received the new trigger bar today.

There is a built-in overtravel stop around the main pin which will need to be adjusted (filed) to allow for enough movement of the sear to release the hammer. The overtravel stop is a round protrusion on the front of the pin's base which limits forward movement of the trigger bar. As it came from the package it wasn't allowing quite enough movement to cleanly move the sear enough for hammer release.

That was about 10 minutes of filing and a little bit of polishing. The rest is pretty simple if you're familiar with taking 92 series handguns apart and putting them back together.

I used the new trigger bar in concert with the 13# hammer spring I had already installed previously. End result? Significantly lighter and smoother trigger pull. It's actually a lighter trigger pull than what is on my LTT 92FS Ernest worked up for me many moons ago. The actual LTT trigger is still a tad smoother.

If it gives more reliable ignition than the 13# spring alone (and it's supposed to) I'll be a VERY happy camper.
    Thanks for that report. In order of importance to me, reliable ignition comes first, a smooth trigger comes second, and a lighter trigger comes third--but it is an important third.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've already received a couple of questions, so here's a good video that shows detail stripping of the Beretta 92:

When installing the new trigger bar, don't forget the little spring under it. It's an important little spring.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 07-07-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    3/15/2016

That is one great video TCinVA. Thanks for posting it.

That's the first time I'd seen a Beretta detail stripped. Man, there are a lot of little bits. When you tapped some of them out, they were so small, I almost thought it was carbon residue.

I haven't gotten all the way to the end yet, but do you list what size punches you use?

Looks like we may be getting closer to the M9A3 release...17 round PVD sand resistant magazines are available at Beretta.com. I'm somewhat ambivalent about these as the original 17 round Beretta magazines (originally for the 90-Two and standard for the 92A1) are not my favorites, having cracked the floor plate on one and not being able to source a replacement. Curious to see how these stack up against the Mec-Gar 18 round magazines, which remain my top choice.

Name:  C83734-Left.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  13.4 KB
    Name:  C83734-Right.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  12.4 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Looks like we may be getting closer to the M9A3 release...17 round PVD sand resistant magazines are available at Beretta.com. I'm somewhat ambivalent about these as the original 17 round Beretta magazines (originally for the 90-Two and standard for the 92A1) are not my favorites, having cracked the floor plate on one and not being able to source a replacement. Curious to see how these stack up against the Mec-Gar 18 round magazines, which remain my top choice.

Name:  C83734-Left.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  13.4 KB
    Name:  C83734-Right.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  12.4 KB
    Hard to swallow when I can buy the Mecgar 18's for $14.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Hard to swallow when I can buy the Mecgar 18's for $14.99.
    $14.99 you say? Could you share where? That is easily the best price I've seen on the Mec-Gars.

But I certainly agree with your point - the premium on the PVD magazines is a bit much when there are excellent alternatives available at half the price.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    $14.99 you say? Could you share where? That is easily the best price I've seen on the Mec-Gars.

But I certainly agree with your point - the premium on the PVD magazines is a bit much when there are excellent alternatives available at half the price.

My google-fu is strong.

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/prod...M-MAG9218.html
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Got it back from WC two weeks ago only be able to put couple hundred rds through it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post

That's the first time I'd seen a Beretta detail stripped. Man, there are a lot of little bits. When you tapped some of them out, they were so small, I almost thought it was carbon residue.

I haven't gotten all the way to the end yet, but do you list what size punches you use?
    It's really not too bad. The only bits I've never had out is the part where the two pins are driven out and the lever that lifts the firing pin block out and the ejector come out. The rest I have done. There's a couple parts that are more difficult, namely getting the spring for the single action sear back in, and the trigger return spring back over the trigger bar. Those both require a little patience. Also, F slides are noticeably easier than G slides. I only ever did 1 G slide. It wasn't my pistol, and the extra set of hands provided by the guns owner was very helpful.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post

Oh, I didn't make that video. That's likely an upload of some armorer video Beretta themselves made in the 90's.

As for punches, a good set of roll-pin punches is a good idea to have if you want to do any wrenching on guns. I bought this set from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Steel-Ro...ll+pin+punches

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    There's a couple parts that are more difficult, namely getting the spring for the single action sear back in, and the trigger return spring back over the trigger bar.
    In the video the armorer was using what is obviously a specialized tool for the sear spring. I've been unable to ever find one, but it's something I would love to have.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List