Page 9 of 323 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    From a durability standpoint, I wouldn't regret getting rid of a 96.
    Yeah, I know we're not supposed to like them because they die early deaths, but I miss my Border Marshal, too, sometimes. (Not enough to run out and buy another one, mind you; nostalgia is safest at a distance... )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    From a durability standpoint, I wouldn't regret getting rid of a 96.
    What can I say...I jumped on the .40 bandwagon early. I like to tell myself that when it came out, it actually was better.
    The other gun on that list was a .40 BHP MkIII, even though I had hammer-bite something awful. The BHP thread here made me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Jupiter...Nice collection!
    Appreciate that, fixer!
    Those 92s really are beautiful pistols. It doesn't hurt that they work pretty darn well either.

Building my own 92Brig-SD... Should be ready in two weeks or so

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    That's the Air Force. Who knows, maybe things have changed in the Army as well, but when I was in, every unit I saw (including MPs) were carrying safety on. I haven't heard of much good change either.
    The Navy also requires the M9 to be carried with the safety on. I found that when I draw from my ALS my thumb is in the perfect position to take off the safety as I hit the release so it’s not a big deal with me. A lot of people (especially woman) have trouble with it and use their weak had thumb instead.

I’m not a big fan of the M9 and if it wasn’t for my job I don’t think I would even own one. I decide after I got this job to by one so I could train on my own time so I could become more proficient with it.

They are however very reliable and not nearly as fragile as their reputation suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by phidelta308 View Post
    Thanks to this thread, I'm going be spending some money with AGW. I've got a 2011 production 92 Compact that I'd love to convert to a G model. The low profile safety, speed bump trigger, spurless D hammer, and a D hammer spring will also be installed.
    I'll have pictures coming soon - another day or so...

Im having a 92D Centurion project in the works, converting the DAO frame to SAO with Billennium frame safeties. Should be home in a week and a half or so... Need to decide on a finish for it.

Edit: My Project 92Brig-SD is back... and it shoots great!

7 yards, 10 shots per target after a 14 hour day at work...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    Im having a 92D Centurion project in the works, converting the DAO frame to SAO with Billennium frame safeties. Should be home in a week and a half or so... Need to decide on a finish for it.

Edit: My Project 92Brig-SD is back... and it shoots great!

7 yards, 10 shots per target after a 14 hour day at work...
    Thanks for the photos, please keep us (me at least) updated on your build.

What real world difference or improvement has the barrel bushing made in your opinion?

I like my GSD a lot - put a steel trigger and guide rod in, replaced the hammer with an E2 hammer, added an extended mag release, swapped slotted screws for silver ones, and replaced the rear sight with a Novak (not in picture)

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

What real world difference or improvement has the barrel bushing made in your opinion?

Just like a 1911 or even an HK, anything that you can do to positively lock down the barrel until the time that the slide starts to move rearward will do wonders for accuracy. All of my 92s, even my Novak's 92FS with a Bar-Sto barrel has a little bit of wiggle to the front end of the barrel when everything is in lockup. This conical barrel bushing does just that.

User Tag List