Page 88 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    I'd just have to add all the Wilson parts and end up spending more than I would on another BrigTac... Prob just getting another 92G (and a set of stainless grip screws), Wilson custom tune spring kit (end up only using the 18# hammer spring), a set of Wilson Ultra Thin grips, a Wilson rear sight, and send it off to ToolTech for a tritium front insert.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Wow. I want that. Not $1150 want, but want none the less.
    Better idea-buy an M9A1 ($650) and a Brigadier 92FS ($650) ,swap the slides and barrels, then send the hybrid M9A1 Brigadier for G conversion . About $1400 versus $1200, but this way you have TWO pistols-one of them a 92G-SD in everything but rollmark only.

If you're feeling particularly daring, buy a Brigadier Inox and do the same thing. It'll cost slightly more for the stainless gun by about $100, but you'll have a two tone M9A1 hybrid with a factory stainless finish and a two tone 92FS as a spare.Its what I'd do if I had the scratch for it.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how dropping a brigadier slide on an M9A1 frame justifies doubling the price.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how dropping a brigadier slide on an M9A1 frame justifies doubling the price.
    In California , non LE can't buy the WC Brigadier Tactical due to the roster. That's probably the only business case for the G/SD, because everywhere else you're better off buying the WC model OR making your own.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Grip adapter for compact to full size mags:

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/inde...dc7958be477dde
    So, I finally got around to ordering a couple of these. Will report more when I get them in hand and try them out.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    In California , non LE can't buy the WC Brigadier Tactical due to the roster. That's probably the only business case for the G/SD, because everywhere else you're better off buying the WC model OR making your own.
    Yeah. I'm kind of thinking that the SD was meant for us poor bastards in the PRK. Once my gun money recovers from last years "end of SSE" buying frenzy - I will see if the SD is still available. But I'm kind of in the "buy a Vertec and send it off to Allentown or Arkansas" mind set now.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    So, I finally got around to ordering a couple of these. Will report more when I get them in hand and try them out.
    Looking forward to your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yeah. I'm kind of thinking that the SD was meant for us poor bastards in the PRK. Once my gun money recovers from last years "end of SSE" buying frenzy - I will see if the SD is still available. But I'm kind of in the "buy a Vertec and send it off to Allentowren or Arkansas" mind set now.
    From what I have heard, the SD was brought back specifically for the CA and MA markets, where the Brig Tac was prohibited.

And I would highly suggest sending the gun to Arkansas rather that Pennsylvania.

Site Supporter
    Personally, I think the 92G-SD stands on its own merits. If I had known they were available locally when I bought my M9A1 I may have bought one of those instead. Yes, the price is significantly higher, but by the time I have my M9A1 converted to a G model de-cocker and have tritium sights installed the price difference won't be all that great. The G-SD has lots of features with no hassles.

I think the SD is the second-best full-size pistol Beretta's ever made. That said, I think the Brig Tac (which was conceived as an updated, refined SD) is a slightly better pistol out of the box, and is cheaper to boot.

So unless you live behind enemy lines or just have a jones for the Super Dave gun (and both are perfectly valid reasons to buy an SD), you'd be better off buying a Brig Tac.

User Tag List