Page 82 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I'm with Suvorov, the standard FS levers and safety system don't bother me. I do have long fingers and thumbs. I currently have one of the new release Brigs. I got the steel trigger + D spring combo from Beretta and a Wolff trigger return spring. About as bullet proof as a Beretta gets. Yet I'm not sure it fits my needs. I'm thinking I might be better served with one of the new compacts offered. For me this means a trade. How is the "shootability" of the new compacts? Any differences from the full size, positive or negative?
    I shot my new compact in a few IDPA matches and it seemed to be just as easy to shoot as my full-size guns. I did find after some experimentation that the finger rest baseplates were necessary to make the gun point as naturally, though. I had tried to swap them out with standard baseplates to make them more concealable.

Thanks LHS. That helps, I'll have to find one to handle first.

Site Supporter
    It would be cool if Mec-Gar made some 15 and 17 round mags for the compacts, like their 18/20 rounders for the full size guns.

After seeing the MSRP on the 92G-SD, I'm strongly considering just picking up a Inox Vertec and sending it to Wilson for a trigger job, G-conversion, and black Armor-tuff.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I'm with Suvorov, the standard FS levers and safety system don't bother me. I do have long fingers and thumbs. I currently have one of the new release Brigs. I got the steel trigger + D spring combo from Beretta and a Wolff trigger return spring. About as bullet proof as a Beretta gets. Yet I'm not sure it fits my needs. I'm thinking I might be better served with one of the new compacts offered. For me this means a trade. How is the "shootability" of the new compacts? Any differences from the full size, positive or negative?
    I just picked up a new M9A1 "Compact." I've only had the chance to take it out once and it shot well. I've been primarily shooting SIGs for the last 3 years so I'm not "tuned" to the Beretta any more (the DA pulled was longer than I'm used to), but it certainly was a very nice shooting pistol. I like the compacts and view them as a good all round pistol. With the flared base plate on the magazine, I get a full grip on the gun. I imagine if you had giant hands, you may run out of room as the grip is a little bit more bobbed IMHO than on the G19, P228/9, and USPc pistols that it compares with. Standard 15 round magazines work with it, but kind of leave your pinky without much purchase. I'd like to see someone make a sleeve for the standard magazines that would allow you to have a full grip when used with the compacts.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    It would be cool if Mec-Gar made some 15 and 17 round mags for the compacts, like their 18/20 rounders for the full size guns.
    I've thought that for a while. A 92 compact with flush-fitting 15-rounders would be good stuff.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    After seeing the MSRP on the 92G-SD, I'm strongly considering just picking up a Inox Vertec and sending it to Wilson for a trigger job, G-conversion, and black Armor-tuff.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same. The SD is awesome but really wont offer me too much more than my Elite already does other than a rail which my TICK eliminates the need for. The Vertec will come in at a lower price point and offer a grip that will most likely fit my wife better allowing it to become the "home gun" (or giving me the verification so to send the home gun to Allegheny for the Vertec grip mod).

Grip adapter for compact to full size mags:

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/inde...dc7958be477dde

Grip adapter for compact to full size mags:

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/inde...dc7958be477dde
    Much Ass - Grassy Ass!

I have tons (well double digits) of grandfathered 15 round mags but only a handful of compact mags.

Glad to help!

Hello, first post here on PF but I've been lurking for a while. Here's a pic of my Compact with a Beretta 17-round mag with the X-Grip adapter. I like them!

User Tag List