Page 7 of 323 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Talking I like pizza too...

I'm probably the only other "nuthugger" out there shooting a Beretta other than Ben (who I know pretty well and who got me into 'em in the first place but is probably switching to Tangfo Stock3 soon). I was also the guy that started the petition for Beretta to bring back the Elite/Elite 2 pistols - They just didn't listen (this time - Hoping they will)

I've got several Elite's (not 2's) that I've converted a bit (E2 hammer, D springs, Nowak/Dawson sights, 11# recoil springs. Lots of Enos Slide Glide keeps you from needing oil - if it isn't exuding sex-lube, you're not using enough) and I've been hammering the snot out of them for a while now. Used one this past weekend to win the Battle of the Bluegrass USPSA match.

There seems to be a resurgence of interest in DA/SA guns - CZ, Tangfo specifically - and I think a lot of folks are seeing that stock Beretta's can really race with the best polymer guns out there. Hopefully Beretta listens to their fan base and offers an updated G model soon...

Yep, I sure do remember you from Rogers (other Beretta thread question) and how well you shot the G22. On TDA love, I just got back from Rogers a few days go, where I shot Advanced with a Sig 226.

Think I heard you did well at the FL match at Universal -- that right and were you using the Beretta?

I have an Elite II waiting for me in Alaska, when I get home in a few weeks. One thing I don't like about the 226 is how fat it feels in girth, and I wonder if the Beretta is thinner? What grips are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yep, I sure do remember you from Rogers (other Beretta thread question) and how well you shot the G22. On TDA love, I just got back from Rogers a few days go, where I shot Advanced with a Sig 226.

Think I heard you did well at the FL match at Universal -- that right and were you using the Beretta?
    Nice job on the advanced score! Tony and were reminiscing about Rogers on the way down to Kentucky...

I did alright in FL - felt off my game a bit. Finished 13th, know I left a lot on the table even though the match this year wasn't as tough as in years past.

I'm just using stock Beretta grips - might try the VZ grips in the future, but it seems to be working well. I worry about VZ grips being "too sticky"...

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    I'm probably the only other "nuthugger" out there shooting a Beretta other than Ben (who I know pretty well and who got me into 'em in the first place but is probably switching to Tangfo Stock3 soon). I was also the guy that started the petition for Beretta to bring back the Elite/Elite 2 pistols - They just didn't listen (this time - Hoping they will)

I've got several Elite's (not 2's) that I've converted a bit (E2 hammer, D springs, Nowak/Dawson sights, 11# recoil springs. Lots of Enos Slide Glide keeps you from needing oil - if it isn't exuding sex-lube, you're not using enough) and I've been hammering the snot out of them for a while now. Used one this past weekend to win the Battle of the Bluegrass USPSA match.

There seems to be a resurgence of interest in DA/SA guns - CZ, Tangfo specifically - and I think a lot of folks are seeing that stock Beretta's can really race with the best polymer guns out there. Hopefully Beretta listens to their fan base and offers an updated G model soon...
    Nice. I still get odd looks when people see me running a Beretta and running it well in matches. It's like people are hardwired to think the Beretta's unshootable. All it takes is a little practice, and a proper setup.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Nice. I still get odd looks when people see me running a Beretta and running it well in matches. It's like people are hardwired to think the Beretta's unshootable. All it takes is a little practice, and a proper setup.
    It is a fine pistol, as accurate as any, more reliable than most.

Well, I located a NIB M9 Commercial that, according to the seller, has been fitted with a genuine surplus government M9 slide and had the larger hammer pin mod done to it. It has "M9" stamped all over it, so the kid should be happy.

I know, I'm taking a chance on a possible frankengun (or was lied to), but the cost was in line with other NIB offerings and as long as it functions, the kid (and I) won't care. There are plenty of other factory guns out there if this one tanks.

After some research on the subject (and please correct me if I'm wrong), genuine Beretta .22 conversion units are scarce, and in fact the only way to get a new one is e-mail Beretta and get in line, so to speak. True?

And please don't suggest the Ciener unit. I wouldn't buy air from that sack of cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Well, I located a NIB M9 Commercial that, according to the seller, has been fitted with a genuine surplus government M9 slide and had the larger hammer pin mod done to it. It has "M9" stamped all over it, so the kid should be happy.

I know, I'm taking a chance on a possible frankengun (or was lied to), but the cost was in line with other NIB offerings and as long as it functions, the kid (and I) won't care. There are plenty of other factory guns out there if this one tanks.

After some research on the subject (and please correct me if I'm wrong), genuine Beretta .22 conversion units are scarce, and in fact the only way to get a new one is e-mail Beretta and get in line, so to speak. True?

And please don't suggest the Ciener unit. I wouldn't buy air from that sack of cancer.

The kits come up periodically on the Beretta forum, but other than that and the occasional Gunbroker listing, you're stuck with waiting on Beretta

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    The kits come up periodically on the Beretta forum, but other than that and the occasional Gunbroker listing, you're stuck with waiting on Beretta
    Got it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

Yeah, just sign up for email - they had a run of .22 conversion in January and they sold out in 3 days... They run well.

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    Yeah, just sign up for email - they had a run of .22 conversion in January and they sold out in 3 days... They run well.
    Mine runs great with my unmodified 92F. It consistently (about 50% of the time) light strikes with my Elite, due to the lighter hammer and D spring.

User Tag List