Page 58 of 323 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

92A1 rail has 2 grooves, doesn't it? This shorter barrel, then?

Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    92A1 rail has 2 grooves, doesn't it? This shorter barrel, then?
    This frame is some kind of 92A1/M9A1 hybrid. The M9A1 frame has one groove, like this frame does, along with the oval take-down button. However, this frame has the curved/undercut portion towards the rear of the rail like the 92A1.

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    This frame is some kind of 92A1/M9A1 hybrid. The M9A1 frame has one groove, like this frame does, along with the oval take-down button. However, this frame has the curved/undercut portion towards the rear of the rail like the 92A1.

I jumped the gun with my post, you're right about the frame. We already know it's a full size, so that flush fit barrel will be like 4.7" or so, like the Elite II.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Looks like it's gonna be an updated 92G-SD.

ETA: I'm thinking a Vertec G slide on an M9A1 frame with a 4.7" barrel. At least I'm hoping. I really don't want a Brigadier slide as I don't have a holster that'll fit it.
    Tony at JM has my 92G-SD slide now and is tooled up for holsters for Brigadier slide pistols. The Blade-Tech Elite holster also holds the G-SD. Bill Rogers is working on an ALS holster for railed 92 pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I'm thinking a Vertec G slide on an M9A1 frame with a 4.7" barrel. At least I'm hoping. I really don't want a Brigadier slide as I don't have a holster that'll fit it.
    Funny, I know a guy who shoots one of those...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

For those wanting to hedge their bets when choosing a Beretta 92 holster, Wilson Combat's Tactical Assault Holster is advertised as fitting "all Beretta 92/96 variants, with or without light rail". I'm currently using one with a M9. On sale right now too...

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Funny, I know a guy who shoots one of those...

So you're betting it will be a "Langdon Special?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    If this is a Centurion length slide and barrel, then you have my undivided attention...
    A very big +1

Guys, this is going to be a full-sized gun. Think updated 92G-SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    So you're betting it will be a "Langdon Special?"
    Have we seen any indications that Brigadier slides are back in production? Especially now with the Vertec 92G appearing at AUSA, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vertec upper paired with a M9A1 lower (though I hope sans lanyard loop). I seem to recall that Ernie and Todd have been trying to get Beretta to offer that particular combination for years - hopefully they listened. I think most would consider a Vertec slide more desirable than the Brigadier slide - better holster compatibility. Wasn't part of the original motivation for using the Brigadier slide to make the 92G Elite pistols visually distinctive from their FS counterparts (for litigious reasons)? If Beretta is now producing standard 92Gs for consumer sale, I'd say they're over that particular legal hurdle.

I'm interested in learning the nitty-gritty, particularly the price and if any Wilson parts are in this pistol...

User Tag List