Page 4 of 323 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    +1.
    Threads like this is why I can't have money.
    No kidding. I just sold a buddy a shotgun, and today "re-invested" that money into a mint Beretta 92G that I snagged off GunBroker.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No kidding. I just sold a buddy a shotgun, and today "re-invested" that money into a mint Beretta 92G that I snagged off GunBroker.
    Congrats on the purchase. Looking forward to your thoughts after owning it.

God Bless,
    David

Here it is:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=333150331

What should I do to it? Allegheny for the work?

Here it is:

Shoot it!

Perhaps you'll find it perfect as is.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Here it is:

That's a nice Beretta. It's an older model with the straight dustcover and non-radiused back-strap. I've always liked the straight dustcover look.

The first thing you should do even before shooting it is get a D spring from Brownells. It's a hammer spring made for DAO (D models), but has also been incorporated into other models and works well with the skeletonized hammer, which is the same weight as a D model hammer.

The D hammer spring will reduce your trigger pull by a few pounds. It really is a must since the stock spring comes with an 11-12lb DA pull.

Other than that, just shoot it and see what you like and don't like about it.

God Bless,
    David

Speaking of Berettas, am I correct in thinking that it's considered acceptable to carry one off safe, hammer down? Because there's a long heavy double action pull anyways and the safety just gets in the way. I was carrying one this way during a recent class and a few people told me my gun was off safe and it was getting tiresome to explain the whole situation to them. The instructor didn't say anything about it.

Is there some strategy to make it clear that it's off safe on purpose so people don't bug me about it?

Sure is considered acceptable, however something to consider would be to sweep the safety regardless in case it clicks on inadvertently. I personally think it's a liability, and if I had known about AGW doing FS>G conversions I would most likely still own my Beretta 92.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpthestack View Post
    Speaking of Berettas, am I correct in thinking that it's considered acceptable to carry one off safe, hammer down?
    Yes, it's perfectly acceptable. Lots of PD's carried the 92 that way.

I was carrying one this way during a recent class and a few people told me my gun was off safe and it was getting tiresome to explain the whole situation to them.
    ...I assume that at least some of these people were packing Glocks or similar weapons, yes?

Smile and nod, my friend. Smile and nod.

The instructor didn't say anything about it.
    Then at least he/she knew what they were doing.

Is there some strategy to make it clear that it's off safe on purpose so people don't bug me about it?
    There's a way to smile politely and answer "Yes" to the question of "do you know your safety is off?" that communicates "I do, and I'm not interested in explaining to you why." At least I think I've been polite when I've done it. Others may have thought I was being a jerk.
    3/15/2016

LE context here.

I never utilized or advocated use of the manual safety except in areas of increased likelihood of a gun grab on an exposed gun, and obviously where regs required it. Otherwise, the safety was to be kept in the off position. Officers are taught to sweep the safety on presentation and in handling to ensure that the safety remains off. I recommend and prefer decock-only (G) variants of Berettas and similar pistols for that context of use.

Just picked up a 92fs stainless(not inox) about a week ago. I carry mine off safe and I guess if someone asks I'll just tell them it's a decocker. I don't really see the saftey as a liability, I had a situation where I forgot to flip it back up and I got a dead trigger, added about .3 to my press out/first shot. I know to some people that bothers them but .3 is pretty acceptable for the shoot ability/ how much I like this pistol. Having said that I am also sending it in to Josh to get a few things done including having him putting his low profile safety in. I think the biggest problem I'm having right now transitioning from a glock is the reloads, driving a magazine into a polymer frame is a little more forgiving that a metal frame.

User Tag List