Page 317 of 323 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Alright, that's my next set of questions but first some context and experience...

I have 3 guns with a DA/SA system I love:
    - HK USP 45 Expert
    - CZ Shadow 2
    - S&W PC 627 N-Frame

As it stands, the Vertec I have isn't as buttery smooth in DA but has an insanely short reset in SA. The USP isn't as smooth in DA as the 627/S2 but it's still good and better than the 92. The trigger pull in SA with the 92 is nowhere near as good as the aforementioned 3. Both the USP and 627 have an outstanding SA where you squeeze it, they break so crisply but barely have any overtravel. The only difference between the two is the 627 SA is lighter. With the S2, the SA is a bit of a rolling break but its so light and buttery that it doesn't matter.

Now if i can get this Vertec trigger as good as the USP Expert or even better like say the S2 (im sure that takes work), i would be set. Which brings me to this dilemma...

There are 2 triggers I am interested in:
    - LTT Trigger Job in a Bag
    - Beretta X-treme S

Now I saw a video where Mr. Langdon tries the X-treme trigger and states it comes close to what he has with the TJiaB. Why would I consider the X-treme S? I can find it for around $90 - $100. So if yall would help me by describing either trigger along with its pros/cons, or maybe just the trigger bar alone would get me where I'd like to go. I have read that the LTT trigger bar stacks the benefits with either trigger system. I dunno jack about the 92, so I'd greatly appreciate any input.

One things for sure, the stock Vertec trigger is way better than the atrocious P30L trigger. Good God, i know its a combat handgun and im adjusting to it but holy shit it's terrible.

If you want an insane good trigger in the Beretta:

LTT trigger job in a bag
    <or>
    Send it to LTT for the trigger job

If you decide to go with the TJIAB, it's been said that you'll get 90% of what you'd experience with LTT doing it.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    @coN

Are you running the stock hammer spring in your Vertec or a “D”
    Spring? That is the 1st step and ends up lightening the d/a pull and making the trigger “feel” smoother

I can only vouch for the Langdon trigger but the TJIB is a great trigger in terms of smoothness, insanely short reset, and overall weight of pull.

My experience over the last 4-5 years is w/ LTT TJIBs, especially the NP3 version. One thing I am surprised to hear is that your Vertec already has a short reset. That used to be exclusively a characteristic of the LTT trigger bar. Could you pull the right side grip and give us a pic of the trigger bar in your gun please. Maybe Beretta has started using something similar. I have not tried an X-treme S trigger as a kit but I did by a 92X Defensive 3-4 months ago which I believe has an X-treme-S. Because it is the Defensive and has a trigger system a lot like the Shadow2 I can't say for sure that my following comments would apply to that trigger installed in your gun. My idpa M9A1 has all LTT NP3 parts w/ 11# hammer spring. The Defensive trigger wasn't even close as it come brand new. I don't remember exact numbers but the SA was a lot heavier (4#?)and the DA was a little heavier (6#?) and neither was very smooth. Also, one of the things about the Wilson and LTT trigger bars is that they move the DA hammer much further than stock. The advantage there is 2 fold, the DA hits the firing pin harder but also the firing position of both DA and SA is near identical so you can do a better job of adjusting overtravel in both modes. As I sat at my bench w/ the Defensive I realized that the DA does not move the hammer as far back as my M9A1. My cynical thought was Beretta made the DA feel closer in weight compared to the SA by; 1- the SA is too heavy, and 2- the DA releases the hammer after just a 3/4 length of travel so of course it will be lighter. So I pulled the stock trigger bar, trigger, and hammer. I installed an LTT NP3 hammer, NP3 trigger bar, and a stock trigger (which I had thought was an old short reach trigger but am not sure it is). I would have installed an LTT NP3 sear but it is different in the Defensive so I did a quick polish on the stock sear. Also I remember Langdon had commented several years ago that, due to the one piece firing pin in a DAO 92, one could reduce hammer spring by one #, so I ordered a 10# spring and got it in a few days later. Now my Defensive is slightly lighter than the M9A1 (10# spring vs 11#). I have been thinking I might like to try the X-treme-S parts because they are less expensive than an NP3 TJIB but my Defensive experience tells me I won't bother. BTW the SA trigger was about 2.5# w/ all the above and I have actually made it heavier at just under 3# after I had a couple of unintended double taps at a match. They were plenty safe as I would have pulled the trigger within the next second anyway but the surprise second shot was before I had the sights realigned to the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    There's something to be said for an "ecosystem" of a 92 Compact and 92 Centurion if you like have multiple size options of the same gun. Going Centurion over Full would enable you to share basically every single part, including slides, barrels, recoil springs, etc.
    Damned you Langdon!
    After shooting my full sized with the TJIAB, and the Centurion with their trigger job, the Compact M9a1's trigger, while good, felt 'dirty'...and not the same,

So;

Just ordered a SRT, trigger bar and springs, and thin magic grips from LTT.

Damned Berettas.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Damned you Langdon!
    After shooting my full sized with the TJIAB, and the Centurion with their trigger job, the Compact M9a1's trigger, while good, felt 'dirty'...and not the same,

So;

Just ordered a SRT, trigger bar and springs, and thin magic grips from LTT.

Damned Berettas.
    Now who has the I-talian flu?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Now who has the I-talian flu?
    Hey, oh,
    Fuggetaboutit

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    NP3?
    Yep.

Got the email. Will be here Tuesday. Seems someone is taking a half day.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    Alright, that's my next set of questions but first some context and experience...

I have 3 guns with a DA/SA system I love:
    - HK USP 45 Expert
    - CZ Shadow 2
    - S&W PC 627 N-Frame

As it stands, the Vertec I have isn't as buttery smooth in DA but has an insanely short reset in SA. The USP isn't as smooth in DA as the 627/S2 but it's still good and better than the 92. The trigger pull in SA with the 92 is nowhere near as good as the aforementioned 3. Both the USP and 627 have an outstanding SA where you squeeze it, they break so crisply but barely have any overtravel. The only difference between the two is the 627 SA is lighter. With the S2, the SA is a bit of a rolling break but its so light and buttery that it doesn't matter.

Now if i can get this Vertec trigger as good as the USP Expert or even better like say the S2 (im sure that takes work), i would be set. Which brings me to this dilemma...

There are 2 triggers I am interested in:
    - LTT Trigger Job in a Bag
    - Beretta X-treme S

Now I saw a video where Mr. Langdon tries the X-treme trigger and states it comes close to what he has with the TJiaB. Why would I consider the X-treme S? I can find it for around $90 - $100. So if yall would help me by describing either trigger along with its pros/cons, or maybe just the trigger bar alone would get me where I'd like to go. I have read that the LTT trigger bar stacks the benefits with either trigger system. I dunno jack about the 92, so I'd greatly appreciate any input.

One things for sure, the stock Vertec trigger is way better than the atrocious P30L trigger. Good God, i know its a combat handgun and im adjusting to it but holy shit it's terrible.

Does the Xtreme S trigger group work with the normal trigger, or is the S trigger required? The S trigger is not smooth, and puts the DA further forward, but gives effectively a flat face SA trigger.
    One could polish their existing parts and just buy the Langdon Trigger bar for the cost conscious.

Site Supporter
    The LTT TJIAB is absolutely worth every penny IMO.

This was ten rounds standing at 20 yards. It could be tighter with a better shooter, but I suppose 5 rounds in about one inch isn't too bad. Just gotta clean up the other 5

I love Beretta 92s

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List