Page 296 of 323 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The new 92x ain't bad either.
    Not only have I had no buyer's remorse WRT my full size 92X RDO, I am still patting myself on the back for getting one. Nobody could be more surprised about this than I am.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    All these sexy LTT pistols being posted is bringing me to a quandary.

I will finally be out of California in a months time and will be able to purchase a bevy of formerly prohibited pistols. I can also potentially sell some of my pistols here for a couple hundred more than I can in the rest of the country.

I have wonderful Italian 92 Compact which serves as the backup to my newer railed 92 Compact. Since it is no longer on the roster I could possibly sell it for $1000 or more before I move. I’m thinking I could take that money an put it towards an LTT compact once I move.

That said, it is a good pistol and the only Italian Beretta I own. The collector and pragmatic sides of me are at odds with what to do…..

Sorry for the delay in responding, the necromancer’s activity with this thread made me realize that I had failed in my mission to respond.

NO - I didn’t. Too many other balls of tinfoil to catch my attention.
    I'd keep that 92 compact, personally. You might regret it and regret is the most powerful force in the universe...

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I'd keep that 92 compact, personally. You might regret it and regret is the most powerful force in the universe...
    Ain't that the truth.
    I've repurchased several that I let go of. Oddly, about half the time, I come to the conclusion that my initial assessment was correct. I don't do that anymore.

If it has sentimental value there is just no replacing it.

Site Supporter
    If you can find a LTT compact that might also be the move. My 92x compact had something like a 6.5lb DA trigger like my LTT 92G, but the TJIABs in both seem to have taken differently. The 92x is great...better than any TDA I've ever felt and the trigger parts are coated in NP3A...but the LTT with the standard TJIAB is frankly the best trigger I've felt short of a well done 1911. The DA stroke is oiled glass...no stacking, wobble or springyness. It is extraordinary.

I bought it without the TJIAB and installed that later. I don't understand how it's so good, but it is without a doubt my favorite pistol at the moment.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Ain't that the truth.
    I've repurchased several that I let go of. Oddly, about half the time, I come to the conclusion that my initial assessment was correct. I don't do that anymore.

If it has sentimental value there is just no replacing it.
    Half truth, I was about 90% right when I said that... I was thinking of this quote from Men In Black III.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Didn’t think I’d do this, but fate caught up with me I suppose. Found an LTT elite at the LGS for 1100 last night and couldn’t resist. It has the full np3 treatment, trigger job, 3 mags, and spartan sights.

Looking forward to shooting it!

Attachment 92699
    Fuckin' score! I remember winning a GB auction for a used Wilson Cen-Tac for a G and being stoked that it was barely shot, if at all, and it turned out to have the action tune. Your deal is much better and I'm mad jelly. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Fuckin' score! I remember winning a GB auction for a used Wilson Cen-Tac for a G and being stoked that it was barely shot, if at all, and it turned out to have the action tune. Your deal is much better and I'm mad jelly. lol
    It was a great deal and I was happy to pick up such a nice gun for that price. Just added a 12# hammer spring and the trigger pull is ridiculous! Going to try to take it to the range this weekend.

So, in keeping this thread going, I ran 220rd through the LTT on Sunday. Unfortunately, I had 2 FTEs where the empty case got stuck just over the top of the new round as it was being chambered.

Is there any way that these types of stoppages could be caused by a light hammer spring? I’m running the LTT 12#, but I also have the 13 or 14 # spring the gun came with (not sure which it is, but it is heavier), and a new D spring I could try.

Any thoughts? I’ve owned like 7 or 8 92 series pistols and have never had an issue (meaning 0 stoppages across the board).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    So, in keeping this thread going, I ran 220rd through the LTT on Sunday. Unfortunately, I had 2 FTEs where the empty case got stuck just over the top of the new round as it was being chambered.

Is there any way that these types of stoppages could be caused by a light hammer spring? I’m running the LTT 12#, but I also have the 13 or 14 # spring the gun came with (not sure which it is, but it is heavier), and a new D spring I could try.

Any thoughts? I’ve owned like 7 or 8 92 series pistols and have never had an issue (meaning 0 stoppages across the board).
    I'd maybe try to remove the extractor and clean the extractor channel. I had the same issue with a beretta 92 once

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

In the realm of possibilities but still a wild ass guess:

Maybe the lighter hammer spring doesn't slow the slide enough and the spent brass isn't properly ejecting. Definitely try the original spring and see what happens.

User Tag List